DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting back to factory settings

Jolly Dodger

Reactions
When I first flew my drone it had an altitude of 5000 feet and an incredible distance from home . Now since updates it’s now got 500 feet and really poor distance from home .
if I reset back to factory settings will this get back my original distances ?

if I reset back to factory settings will this get back my original distances ?
That's likely if you're sure the updates caused the problem. If you're referring to firmware updates, those rarely (if ever?) cause the distance to be cut like this.

Thanks mate . I just realised it’s probably the firmware as I am in Australia the nanny state and we are really restricted with height . As soon as I did an update all I could get was 500m limit.

That’s as high as you can set your height .

Yes, recent updates did change an upper maximum altitude from unlimited (?) to 500m.
I am pretty sure this was worldwide for all DJI drones, through Go4 (and I assume Fly now too).

Are you really unhappy with 500m, when 120m altitude is the legal limit set by CASA in Australia ?
Depending where you fly, going over 120m can be dangerous to manned aircraft, unlucky I know for an incident to occur, but, who wants to be responsible for something like that with a heli or light plane ?

I can’t remember back that far I guess. Thought that was as high it has always been.

As soon as I did an update all I could get was 500m limit
Ah... 500 meters and not 500 feet (as you stated above).

So, you're referring to altitude and not distance? Your original post made it seem like your distance was being limited.

Your original post made it seem like your distance was being limited.

That was mentioned too, but that shouldn't be affected at all.
It's more likely, if the OP went up a say 1000m (or 5000' = 1524m) and flew out, they'd have much better signal LOS in most cases.

The OP doesn't mention the aircraft type, which could have a bearing on this matter.

It’s a Mavic 2 zoom and when I first got it I sent it up to its maximum height . I felt very uncomfortable with it being so high but just wanted to see the limit . Even though I am in a rural remote area I can see how dangerous this could be . I am not concerned with the height limit just the distance limiting that has changed as I can check on cattle in a far paddock quite easily before but not now .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada