DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting mobile home point

Bigpoppapump

Reactions
78533b1defb7941437a5d8c9b601d614.jpg

I keep trying to learn by testing how to change your home point in a location other than where the Mavic takes off. I am hoping that once the mavic is launched you are able to tell the mavic to come to me, not the take off point. I keep getting the message seen above re distance to the take off point. How do you do this?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

You can manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off if your mobile device contains a GPS receiver.

What message do you get when the Mavic is actually airborne? Looking at your picture the drone does not even appear to be on. The home point is set by the GPS in the Drone when it initializes, you are seeing that message "0.0 feet" because it does not have a reference point to the previous HP. :)

In the menu I believe you can set the controller as the home point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What message do you get when the Mavic is actually airborne?
If you swipe from right to left on the main DJI GO screen, you'll see the following options appear:

DJI-GO-Reset-Home-Point-Slide-Screen-Left.jpg

What message do you get when the Mavic is actually airborne? Looking at your picture the drone does not even appear to be on. The home point is set by the GPS in the Drone when it initializes, you are seeing that message "0.0 feet" because it does not have a reference point to the previous HP. :)

I had to remove the phone from the controller to get the screen shot, that's why it appears disconnected. Because it is!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I just came across this video and it has kinda got me scared....
I have a project in mind where the Mavic follows a car or bike and then by chaning the home point I am able to exceed the range limit. I am guessing it would be better to update the new home point as the current aircraft location not the controller / phone?

hoping some of the experts pilots comment on this. This is what I fear as well. I'll test the drone tonight. I wonder if "beginners" mode explains my earlier problem and this guy above. Is this video on a battlefield of some kind?

Okay pilots, went back out today to change landing point to the remote.
Failed. While I had full signal, 18 satellites , there was warning about weak gps signal to mobile device? How that possible? Also got some notification that there a lot of wireless signal in area. Lastly, I have gimble vibration that seems to come , go away, come back again. Feeling confused and frustrated!

Can't do it if you have a brand spanking new iPhone 7 or 7 plus that has intel modem in it!!!!

I just came across this video and it has kinda got me scared....
I have a project in mind where the Mavic follows a car or bike and then by chaning the home point I am able to exceed the range limit. I am guessing it would be better to update the new home point as the current aircraft location not the controller / phone?

In battery settings, you can turn off low battery rth.
If I understand correctly that should be best for that particular project.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S