DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting one way-point manually

Ziba

Reactions
While I have a steep learning curve I do understand how to set up way points as a pre-planned flight.

However, what I want to do is something different. An example, I fly to a spot on a scouting mission for a still shoot. The position is perfect but the light is wrong and I have to come back later when the light is better-and at that time the light will be changing fast. When I'm at that position is there a way of marking the exact coordinates so that when I return I can launch and have the drone return to the same spot/angle. I will then take control manually for the shoot.

Do it as a programmed-in-the-field mission creation rather than pre-planned

I don't know about DJI Go, but in LITCHI, you can make a mission on the fly. You move your craft to the position you want to waypoint to be, the record the waypoint at that coordinate.

I think most of us that make missions in the field do it this way. I have the C2 button on the bottom of the remote configured as "record waypoint". At that point, you could program the mission to end there, with "STOP" as he final action (rather than RTH), then do your manual shooting.

So if you save that as a mission, you just need to come back when the light is right and run the mission.

Chris

Reactions: GregE
While I have a steep learning curve I do understand how to set up way points as a pre-planned flight.

However, what I want to do is something different. An example, I fly to a spot on a scouting mission for a still shoot. The position is perfect but the light is wrong and I have to come back later when the light is better-and at that time the light will be changing fast. When I'm at that position is there a way of marking the exact coordinates so that when I return I can launch and have the drone return to the same spot/angle. I will then take control manually for the shoot.

I have used Litchi Like this for 20 Favourite View sites.
Each is a Mission with Only Two Points. (Litchi needs Two to make a Mission)

a) I program the Mission on the 'FLY'

b) I decide the First Point to Be High enough - so as to approach from any angle without hitting trees. This is VERY Important - because I may start the Mission from Anywhere - and Litchi will Immediately ascend to the safe Height then turn and go straight to the ENTRY Point #1

c) The 2nd Position is a Descent to MY CAMERA SHOT ! >> the FOCUS, Gimbal pitch, angle position... That I want to Shoot my SHot. The Final Point of the Mission. This is Waypoint #2.
On Litchi set the end of the Mission to do Nothing. and also (in settings) tell Litchi to record Gimbal Angles.

d) Then Simply I tell litchi to go to any one of My 20 view points... which Now it does Safely... FLying directly to #1 then finally descending to my View anfgle Shot #2.

Thats It...

THE advantage of this is Unbelievable - especially for security reasons or just to get home on a Dark Night.

One of my Missions is a Pre-Landing Position - Just above My Yard - Low enough to Visually Land - at Night.

Have Fun - !!!

VERY IMPORTANT Disclaimer:
Note that all heights are Based on the Take of Height of the Drone.

I live on a Ridge.
- So to use this System (above) NOTE that the 20x favourite view Angles in each of the 20x (2 point ) missions - are Based on the ALTITUDE from the ONE SPot on the Ridge that I Normally takeoff from.
If However I decided to take off from the Bottom of the Ridge (say 200ft Lower), Then each of the Viewpoints will be displaced by the difference in Height from My normal TakeOff (ie 200ft Lower)
This could be Catastrophic - if your sensors are switrched off. Your drone May descend 200ft LOWER (in this example)

If yout take off spots are at the same altitude then its safe to use the Missions as Is above.

So use this System Perfectly when Taking off from your Favourite Spot.
It can be awsome taking Photos through the Seasons - or doing building construction timeLapse.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji