DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting up Air 2s with Smart Controller

High View

Reactions
What are the steps in getting the Air 2s to work with the Smart Controller?

I can't get pass obtaining the Verification Code for DJI Assistant 2.

Latest version of firmware/software for: aircraft, Fly App and SC?
All of the information I can find seems to predate the latest updates.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

All of the info you "found" is valid as far as the update and use, just the version #'s have changed.

Is the drone brand new and you are adding the smart controller or have you used it previously with the "regular" remote and phone/tablet?

Here is a pretty good "first use" video from DJI and the DJI forum this links to has A LOT of info which might be useful.

The latest update/versions of the Fly app (Android) is only available by download from DJI, not the Play Store

First, Make sure you let the drone do its updates through the app or the Assistant before trying to pair and use if you have never let it update previously (out of the box new), the smart controller or the assistant app might not even find it ... Both the drone and remote should give indications of the needed updates...lots of videos and step by steps out there for updating everything..make sure you have the correct versions of the assistant program ( windows or mac) for the Air2S AND the Smart Controller since they have a different program for each!!!

For the Air2S:

The Smart controller has a different version of the program:

Here is a detailed video of the Smart Controller update procedures:

The only "verification code" I have ever seen for the Assistant program is that you need to enter your DJI acct login info which is the same as the acct login for the Fly app

Here is a pretty good video explaining the set up:

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore