DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Settings for Low-sensitivity on Controller sticks

Bob.D

Reactions
I like the Tripod mode for its exact maneuverability. But, I would like to somehow adjust my stick settings for much better control in normal flight mode when I'm circling houses for my realty job. Is there a way to make the sticks less sensitive for smoother turning? And how? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes. The settings for controlling the responsiveness is in the menu. Expo, sensitivity, braking and gain are all configurable and covered in the manual. For a shortcut pull it up on YouTube.

Reactions: old man mavic
if you do decide to make adjustment, make a note of the setting you are changing before you make any adjustment, so if it does something detrimental then you can go back to the original setting the trick for smooth flying is to reduce the response a stick movement has on the UAV and the braking sharpness, unless you really know what you are doing i would not mess with the gain settings but if you do have any problems i believe you can reset everything back to factory in the app good luck

Still after doing all this I would also like to be able to turn yaw endpoint further down for ultrasmooth panning. Expo works to some degree , but turning it too low makes it hard to control around the knee of the expo curve.

Still after doing all this I would also like to be able to turn yaw endpoint further down for ultrasmooth panning. Expo works to some degree , but turning it too low makes it hard to control around the knee of the expo curve.

Have you tried the Cinematic Mode? I haven't, but I do know it dampens yaw and braking of the drone. It's meant to smooth video during drone motion. It's one of the flight modes available alongside Activetrack etc.

Some quick tips here:

Have you tried the Cinematic Mode? I haven't, but I do know it dampens yaw and braking of the drone. It's meant to smooth video during drone motion. It's one of the flight modes available alongside Activetrack etc.

Some quick tips here:
Yes I do use cinematic mode. When applying all settings for reducing sensitivity/braking in normal mode my feeling is that it gets close to cinematic mode. It still would prefer even lower yaw rate

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore