DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Settings not your camera settings

RCKable

Reactions
I see a bunch of people (not just here) posting pictures/videos right after Dusk, even clearly at night, even people flying and recording fireworks. What I'd like to know is what are your drone settings, not the camera settings? I mean what are you turning off or leaving on in order to fly with such little or no light/sunlight?
When I try after dusk or when sun goes down I get a message about low ambient light, and then I hear LANDING, LANDING, but I just cancel and fly home. DJI says my flight logs show I am hitting the landing button on the app, which is not one bit true, even gave them 3 flight logs where I didn't have my iPad connected to the controller (was in a park with 6 soccer fields), and they said the same thing. So I am guessing there is stuff I need to turn off in order to fly during the later part of dusk-dark. Would love it if someone could tell me what to turn off.

If you hear, "Landing, landing" you could turn off the speaker to make it go away? (KIDDING!!!)

I have not flown daylight into darkness yet, just darkness into daylight. When I first power up in the dark the Mavic would not take off till it had GPS lock, even then it warned me it was too dark but it did take off.

I'll be reading over your shoulder to see what info you get back.

The first time I flew it at night, it was VLOS and I lost sight of the led lights and thought it was gone. I soon realized it was taking vid, so the lights were automatically off. Turned off the vid, and there it was, lights blinking away.

Other than keeping that in mind, I don't think any particular setting change are needed, but then again I don't fly it much at night so others may say differently.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa