DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Severe Jello Effect

hgwy407

Reactions
I just purchased my Mavic 2 Pro a few weeks ago and had a chance to use it in Rio Lagartos, Mexico. This was my first time recording with it. Both the compass and gimbal were calibrated before flight. My Mavix has had no hard landings or crashes but I am seeing this artifact consistently in all my footage. All stickers had been removed from the Mavic as well. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what may be occurring here? Thank you.

Sample Jello

Maybe a vibration that the gimbal can't compensate for? DO you get the same effect at different framerates? What about recording when it's just on the ground, both with and without the motors going? (Trying to get more information to characterize the problem, obviously.)

No stickers on is odd. Was it a second-hand purchase?

I just purchased my Mavic 2 Pro a few weeks ago and had a chance to use it in Rio Lagartos, Mexico. This was my first time recording with it. Both the compass and gimbal were calibrated before flight. My Mavix has had no hard landings or crashes but I am seeing this artifact consistently in all my footage. All stickers had been removed from the Mavic as well. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what may be occurring here? Thank you.

Sample Jello
Are you using a shutter speed twice the frame rate? If not, you will need neutral density filters in bright sunlight to achieve this.

Sample Jello
try another set of props and another sd card

HGWY: That is clearly not the usual "jello effect" in your clip and to me at least, it looks like either an airframe vibration or a wonky gimbal.

Bill's notion to take a look at the props is probably a reasonable idea but I would think a faulty prop lock or some other issue with the blade would cause much more vibration. My bet is on a flaky gimbal but hope you get it solved.

Well, the first thing I would check is the propellers. They are in 90% of the cases the source of the vibrations. Maybe one is broken or a piece is missing. Try to exchange them.

Second thing to check is the gimbal. Is it stuck somewhere, are the little rubber pieces hanging free? Did you forget any transport clamps?

If all this is fine, then return the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu