DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SF Bay Bridge at Sunrise

Great photo! You shot that just off the Marina between Buena Vista Is. and Treasure Is, with Port of Oakland in the background. There's a wooden fishing pier at P of O that's also a good place to shoot from.

Great photo! You shot that just off the Marina between Buena Vista Is. and Treasure Is, with Port of Oakland in the background. There's a wooden fishing pier at P of O that's also a good place to shoot from.
Do you have the location of the wooden fishing pier? You have picture from there?

Attachments

• East Span, Bay Br, Early AM.jpg
    East Span, Bay Br, Early AM.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 37
Reactions: catmeowcat
How's this for color?
I just can't help myself.

I have a problem, but at least I'm aware lol.

I find it soothing to edit photos really.

Ill delete upon request. Not trying to "one-up" anybody.

Attachments

• East Span, Bay Br, Early AM.jpg
    East Span, Bay Br, Early AM.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: Hauptmann
Do you have the location of the wooden fishing pier? You have picture from there?

It's near the very end of Middle Harbor Shoreline Park. Attached are a few pix from vids I shot from there. J

Just imagine the last scene if it were shot during early sunrise with the purple skies and the lights still on in the Financial District and on the bridge...

Attachments

• Middle Harbor Shoreline Park.jpg
    Middle Harbor Shoreline Park.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • Ship Approaching Port of Oakland.jpg
    Ship Approaching Port of Oakland.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 21
  • Under the Bridge.jpg
    Under the Bridge.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: catmeowcat
It's near the very end of Middle Harbor Shoreline Park. Attached are a few pix from vids I shot from there. J

Just imagine the last scene if it were shot during early sunrise with the purple skies and the lights still on in the Financial District and on the bridge...
My favorite of the lot.

Just waiting in the car for my wife to get out of the store.

(LightRoom for Samsung)

Attachments

• Ship Approaching Port of Oakland.jpg
    Ship Approaching Port of Oakland.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
I really like what you did to this image!!!Good work
thank you! ive really come to love lightroom, but i was trained opposite of you, lightroom first and photoshop second. i use photoshop for some of my hyperlapse stuff, and some backround swaps, but otherwise it kinda sits there not doing much... i used to be good with it (c. 2006) but ive forgotten tons. i wish i utilized it more, and utilized After Effects more.

thank you! ive really come to love lightroom, but i was trained opposite of you, lightroom first and photoshop second. i use photoshop for some of my hyperlapse stuff, and some backround swaps, but otherwise it kinda sits there not doing much... i used to be good with it (c. 2006) but ive forgotten tons. i wish i utilized it more, and utilized After Effects more.

Dear Itsneedtoknow NSB- I think the two programs are now about as close to each other than ever. With the new Photoshop 2020 the format is nearly mirroring Lightroom with a filmstrip on bottom or one side, and all of the functions opening up with identical sliders on the right side. I never took a Lightroom course or used it for cataloging as it was originally designed. It is now more aimed towards image processing and localized adjustments rather than global adjustments. At one time, Lightroom was merely for global adjustments and Photoshop for localized adjustments.
On this forum today in another post I tried to work on an image submitted by commenting on the bad horizon and got blowback by the submitter. So some just do not want to hear any opinions - another means of censorship or stifling of speech that goes along with these times.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
On this forum today in another post I tried to work on an image submitted by commenting on the bad horizon and got blowback by the submitter. So some just do not want to hear any opinions - another means of censorship or stifling of speech that goes along with these times.
thank you for the heads up.

ive started asking people first. i work them up in LR just for kicks, but if the OP wants to see, then ill show them, otherwise ill keep it to myself lol.

(were you suggesting the puppet tool?)

thank you for the heads up.

ive started asking people first. i work them up in LR just for kicks, but if the OP wants to see, then ill show them, otherwise ill keep it to myself lol.

(were you suggesting the puppet tool?)
I have mixed feelings about this forum. It is an invaluable asset in learning from our more experienced pilots but some people submit images and videos for learning and improving their craft but many just want the adulation they get like sending selfies of them in famous places. For those who want to learn, and those who feel this is a good place to instruct and share our knowledge, it is good, but many, they cannot tolerate a criticism or bad review. For those, I just immediately disengage.

I just can't help myself.

I have a problem, but at least I'm aware lol.

I find it soothing to edit photos really.

Ill delete upon request. Not trying to "one-up" anybody.
Wow! You really brought out the color of the bay. And detail on the island! I didn't do anything to my original image. Don't really know how. Did you use LR or Photoshop?

I'd like to learn, but I have atypical color perception (r/g colorblindness). Not sure how well I could do.

Wow! You really brought out the color of the bay. And detail on the island! I didn't do anything to my original image. Don't really know how. Did you use LR or Photoshop?

I'd like to learn, but I have atypical color perception (r/g colorblindness). Not sure how well I could do.
If you can tell a difference, then you should be good!

I used LR, and will teach you everything I know.

Ask away

Reactions: Hauptmann
If you can tell a difference, then you should be good!

I used LR, and will teach you everything I know.

Ask away
Yes, I can recognize and appreciate the changes you make. My concern is that I will make changes that look good to me, but you and others might say, "Yuck. Is this guy blind, or what?"

I bought Corel Studio X-10 for videos, which I've never used. Do I need another package for stills? Maybe I should try it, and see what happens. I definitely need lessons! My son in California uses Adobe, which he gets free thru his company. I can neither afford nor justify a subscription based package.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3