jimlips

Reactions
Went flying tonight - first flight, no problems. Second flight, this happened:

Shaky Gimbal -

:23 - seconds in: shakyness starts
:47 - picture twists 45-degrees
:59 - picture returns to near-normal, but out-of-focus and jiggly
1:02 - it acts like it is going through a time-warp

When I brought it back in, I hovered it right in front of me, to see if I could see the camera shaking. I could not, so I tried touching the gimbal, and it was very hot to the touch. I think it was the motor on the side, the one that makes the camera tilt up and down was very hot.

Here is the AirData link:

https://app.airdata.com/share/GeskND

The only error I see there with the gimbal is at the end, when I was touching the gimbal while it was on. I hand-caught the aircraft, that is what caused the other landing error. But there are no apparent errors during the flight when the gimbal shook and twisted around.

This Mavic Pro Platinum has never crashed or even had a hard landing. It is going on 2 years old, and has about 1000 flights on it. I've renewed the DJI Refresh twice (the most you can), and still have a few months left on it. I'm wondering if it is just getting worn out, and maybe I should ship it back for a replacement?

Recommendations?

Thanks!

Could it be that your flightspeed and the moves at a certain moment get to much for the gimbal, causing it to overheat?

I don't think so - after reading some other comments, there is a possibility that the gimbal could have been touching my backpack hardcase, and that may have caused it to mess up. You'd think after it took off an cleared the contact, that it would have reset. I'm going to try another flight when I get back in State, making sure I'm taking off from a level surface where the GImbal is not touching anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest