DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shaky Gimbal

BuyANet

Reactions
Good Morning!

Ever since I replaced the Gimbal Plate (That hangs in the 4 rubber bands, the one the gimbal is screwed to) after a crash, I've had this issue with my Gimbal randomly shaking. Sometimes it also goes completely haywire mid-flight.

This first video here is of my Mavic just sitting still and it's doing the stuttering/Shaking over and over. There was no wind that day.
- Dropbox - DJI_0256.MP4

This second video is during an autonomous flight using Way points. You can see the same shaking/stuttering at first and then the gimbal, what seems like, reset?
- Dropbox - shakeandhaywire.mp4

I also attached 2 pictures of my gimbal/gimbal plate.

Could it be caused by a possible short in the cable? By the rubber bands? Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks You!

Attachments

• IMG_5146.jpg
    IMG_5146.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5148.jpg
    IMG_5148.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 28
This could be an issue with the motor assembly since this was crashed before.

You could try replacing the ribbon cable to see if that fixes this.

Good Morning!

Ever since I replaced the Gimbal Plate (That hangs in the 4 rubber bands, the one the gimbal is screwed to) after a crash, I've had this issue with my Gimbal randomly shaking. Sometimes it also goes completely haywire mid-flight.

This first video here is of my Mavic just sitting still and it's doing the stuttering/Shaking over and over. There was no wind that day.
- Dropbox - DJI_0256.MP4

This second video is during an autonomous flight using Way points. You can see the same shaking/stuttering at first and then the gimbal, what seems like, reset?
- Dropbox - shakeandhaywire.mp4

I also attached 2 pictures of my gimbal/gimbal plate.

Could it be caused by a possible short in the cable? By the rubber bands? Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks You!

My new Mavic Platinum went haywire (like in your second video) when flying a Litchi waypoint mission today. I brought it back and calibrated the gimbal. I Restarted the mission and the gimbal didn't go haywire but, about 3 times in the 9 minute flight the camera/gimbal shivered slightly like in your first video. My auto focus was off. Moments later when flying within the dji go app (with auto focus on) for a few minutes there were no shivers. I was wondering if it was a Litchi issue. My Platinum is brand new, just a few flights under my belt, so I'm trying to test it as much as possible to determine if I should return it to B&H or not.

Have you figured anything out since?

Last edited:
You could try replacing the ribbon cable to see if that fixes this.
I had a shaking issue recently. Its what they call "jello". It made everything look like it was shimmmering. Like loking thru water. I had a crash, at 68 ft. I got the warning msg, and I fixed it by placing the gimbal ft back under the tabs. Then I used the calibration on the Assistant app. AFter that I just ran a gimbal calibration..everything is great now. I cant say what fixed it, but a combination. But my question is about the "ribbon cable"..I hear a lot about it. It looks like a beast to replace. So Id rathrt not unless I have to. What are the telltale signs that the ribbon cable is bad??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato