DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shaky video issue

Beagle

Reactions
For background on this, I had run my drone in to a tree which ended up ruining the flat gimbal cable. I debated whether to try and replace the cable or see if I could find a gimbal assembly. Well the full assembly is readily available and I figured I would just try that first. The part came and I followed numerous Youtube videos on the replacement which seemed to go very smooth.

So I get the bird all back together and go for a test flight. Before I even take off, I notice a bit of glitchy behavior on the phone. I took it up in the air anyways and the video stream is just crap. It would sometimes pop into focus and then other times not. It would shift horizontally like TV in the old days. I read as much as I could and went through every calibration procedure I could find. I used the Assistant to flash new firmware and perform the calibrations available there. Nothing was helping.

By this time, I pretty much got fed up and looked around for a repair service. Found one here that many people had recommended, DJI Drone Service. I checked them out and it seemed pretty awesome. Fill out a ticket. They send a prepaid Fedex label, diagnose and contact you for permission to proceed and then send it back via Fedex. If you decide you don't want to spend the money, you've lost nothing as they've covered the shipping both ways. So I sent it out and gave them a description. They called after a few days and said it was a small repair. They wold load the firmware and perform calibrations, etc. The same stuff I had already tried. But I figured what the heck, it's in their hands, let them try.

Got the drone back this past Wednesday but wasn't able to try a flight until this afternoon. If you click here and follow this link, you can see the problem I've been dealing with. Except this is after I got it back. So they basically charged me money and didn't really fix the issue, even though they said they had done a flight test. So here I am, wondering if anyone else has ever encountered video issues such as this, and what did they do to fix it. I have contact DJI Drone Service and gave them this link. Waiting to hear what they have to say. If they're open to it, I'll give them another shot at fixing it. But I thought it couldn't hurt to ask here for help also.

TIA for any help,
Mark
Grounded until further notice...

Were the engines running all the time, even in the beginning of the clip? Looks like vibrations ...

No, I started the video before starting the props. So that vibration exists while the drone is just sitting. I can put my finger under the gimbal and feel the gimbal motors running. As if they are constantly trying smooth things out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61