DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Share Camera Stream with a Remote Friend in Real-Time

beachboy301

Reactions
This may already be common knowledge or discussed but a quick search did not reveal any results so thought I would share.

I have used AnyDesk (remote control software) for years to help friends and family with their computers and phones remotely. They have to install the software and give me permission to connect but once that is done I can view their screen and if necessary take the controls. So in the simplest use-case, you can share the screen of your computer or device with someone else over the internet. That got me thinking...could I share my FlyApp screen with another person while flying?

As a quick test I installed AnyDesk on my Android S7 tablet, then connected to that screen from my Macbook Pro (MBP). Sure enough I could see the FlyApp on the MBP with excellent resolution from the drone's camera! Tomorrow I hope to try this while actually flying the A2S and have a friend watch the flight from a remote location. Of course the tablet will need internet access which I will provide with a hotspot/Jetpack device. AnyDesk works with phones too (Android for sure) but the screen might be smaller than what the tablet can offer.

A practical application could be where the drone is used by local authorities looking for lost person for example. Someone inside a command-bus could also be watching the camera view on a much larger screen and possibly spot the person first and relay this to the pilot. Will share my results tomorrow if anyone is interested. If anyone has already done this please share your experience and how you did it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom