DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

shared experience

Wizard765

Reactions
Hi there:

New Mavic on its way and I have a question.. If I wanted to fly the Mavic and have my Partner control the camera.. Is there a way to do this and for me to still see what the Mavic is seeing?

Reactions: newguy
If flying with the DJI Goggles, it would be possible for your partner to control the camera direction via the head tracking feature. The Mavic only has one camera, so both your mobile device and the goggles will show the same picture.

Last edited:
There is no other way for another person to have full control of the gimbal. If you require such a feature, you should look into get an Inspire.

Last edited:
Dji screen share

This app may do it, but the camera control person would have to have the hard wired device to the controller from what I can understand. I dont have the app yet

Not true. You can link a second remote controller.
It looks like we're talking about different things. Have you ever tried the head tracking feature with your DJI Goggles?

A secondary remote controller gives another user limited secondary control, including gimbal up/down.

BUT, Goggles headtracking is incredible. It gives the Goggles wearer full control over the gimbal including left/right 30 degrees, and up/down 30 to -90 degrees. The only way I know of to get this level of control over the Mavic gimbal is using the Goggles. Without the Goggles, a secondary user must have the pilot (or themselves if they have control of the sticks) reorient the aircraft to achieve left/right viewing angle changes, whereas Goggles user can use the built in motors on the gimbal to do this. It is really fantastic.

Reactions: HWCM
A secondary remote controller gives another user limited secondary control, including gimbal up/down.

BUT, Goggles headtracking is incredible. It gives the Goggles wearer full control over the gimbal including left/right 30 degrees, and up/down 30 to -90 degrees. The only way I know of to get this level of control over the Mavic gimbal is using the Goggles. Without the Goggles, a secondary user must have the pilot (or themselves if they have control of the sticks) reorient the aircraft to achieve left/right viewing angle changes, whereas Goggles user can use the built in motors on the gimbal to do this. It is really fantastic.
The second remote has full control just like the primary one.
The OP asked if there was a way for one person to fly and a second person to control the gimbal. That is exactly what a second controller does as shown in the posted video. Just like with the P4.

I don't have the goggles. I should try them. But they are so **** big and odd and expensive.

YES thank you there are two solutions here that would work and the cheapest would be the screen share but that won't work in my case because we have different platforms.. however the 2nd remote would do exactly what I want as well as a good way to train someone and be able to take over if necessary.. I use to teach RC flying and we would use something like this all the time..

Oh and i can see how the goggles would be FANTASTIC but I doubt I could get her to wear them AND at this time out of my budget

YES thank you there are two solutions here that would work and the cheapest would be the screen share but that won't work in my case because we have different platforms.. however the 2nd remote would do exactly what I want as well as a good way to train someone and be able to take over if necessary.. I use to teach RC flying and we would use something like this all the time..

Oh and i can see how the goggles would be FANTASTIC but I doubt I could get her to wear them AND at this time out of my budget
;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada