DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sharing Waypoint Missions

Mark107

Reactions
I currently have several DJI drones, all with their own specific strengths. I have created some complex waypoint missions for my M3E that I am using to fly a construction project and would like to be able to use the same waypoint mission to film the site at various points at night. Meaning I would like to fly the same waypoint mission with my M3 in night mode. Is there a way that I can export or share these waypoint missions between devices?

Thank you for allowing me to utilize the great brain trust assembled here in the forum. :)

Mark

I currently have several DJI drones, all with their own specific strengths. I have created some complex waypoint missions for my M3E that I am using to fly a construction project and would like to be able to use the same waypoint mission to film the site at various points at night. Meaning I would like to fly the same waypoint mission with my M3 in night mode. Is there a way that I can export or share these waypoint missions between devices?

Thank you for allowing me to utilize the great brain trust assembled here in the forum. :)

Mark
When you sign into Litchi, all your saved missions are there and can be flown on any compatible drone. Just open the saved mission and execute. As far as other waypoint missions (DJI app) I don't know.

When you sign into Litchi, all your saved missions are there and can be flown on any compatible drone. Just open the saved mission and execute. As far as other waypoint missions (DJI app) I don't know.
I could be wrong, but I don't think you can use Litchi with M3 or M3E. No SDK released yet and rumor is there won't be at all. So all you got is what's in the dji app.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can use Litchi with M3 or M3E. No SDK released yet and rumor is there won't be at all. So all you got is what's in the dji app.
You're right

That is why I am holding on to my M2 Pro and eschewing the M3 until DJI decides to serve their customers properly. Litchi; once you use it, you will see why I said that.
Well, I am holding on to my M2PRO also, but I have the M3 and I must say that the waypoints-function is very nice, including continuing flight without connection and, also important, the possibility to set gimbal, even without connection. that is something Litchi never had. Just the availability to other drones or even other mobile devices is missing sofar. And the web-based pre-planning of course, although it works very well on an iPad for instance.

With no direct knowledge at all - just thinking that as fully featured as the new Waypoints are for the M3, possible that DJI just wants to keep everyone in their system, not encourage us to go to 3rd party apps like Litchi. Or make the pro's buy the Enterprise models...

But they would need to really stay on top of the software and keep competitive with the 3rd parties apps to satisfy the pro's using it for jobs. Not sure if they will do that....

Mark
Buy Litchi and they are saved online.

Well, I am holding on to my M2PRO also, but I have the M3 and I must say that the waypoints-function is very nice, including continuing flight without connection and, also important, the possibility to set gimbal, even without connection. that is something Litchi never had. Just the availability to other drones or even other mobile devices is missing sofar. And the web-based pre-planning of course, although it works very well on an iPad for instance.

???

Which program has those features for the M3?

Just the latest firmware combined with Fly app 1. 190 or didn't I understand your question ?

are you saying the M3 will now continue a waypoint mission after remote control connection is lost? and that the gimbal will make programmed movements after the signal is lost?

I thought Fly app was virtual sticks and required constant connection with remote?

are you saying the M3 will now continue a waypoint mission after remote control connection is lost? and that the gimbal will make programmed movements after the signal is lost?
That is exactly what I meant and what I experienced in the 30+ waypointsflights I made so far. All the data for the flight are uploaded to the AC when you touch "go" and off it goes. And , yes, contrary to Litchi, the gimbal inclination and heading will be set correctly on all waypoints, regardless of the fact that there is a connection with the RC or not.

That is why I am holding on to my M2 Pro and eschewing the M3 until DJI decides to serve their customers properly. Litchi; once you use it, you will see why I said that.
I'm using the M3 waypoints now while having been an avid Litchi fan for many years.
And I must say that the M3 waypoints are better on certain points (gimbal and heading will be set as planned , even if no connection, for instance).
What is lacking (still) is the option for multiple actions at one waypoint and the preplanning on the web and the interchangeability of the flightplans.
But notwithstanding that I am surprised and happy with the waypoints DJI offered.

That is exactly what I meant and what I experienced in the 30+ waypointsflights I made so far. All the data for the flight are uploaded to the AC when you touch "go" and off it goes. And , yes, contrary to Litchi, the gimbal inclination and heading will be set correctly on all waypoints, regardless of the fact that there is a connection with the RC or not.

well that’s great to read, but I believe you are the first person to report this.

Up until now everyone was saying it’s virtual sticks and if connection is lost the drone returns to home.

Up until now everyone was saying it’s virtual sticks and if connection is lost the drone returns to home.
It is known to be onboard for a while now and there are tests on YouTube as well. A thread about it:

It is known to be onboard for a while now and there are tests on YouTube as well. A thread about it:

thank you.

Is this M3E only or all the M3s ?

I can only actually speak for the M3 (which has been subject of this thread although it is a M3E sub forum) but I assume the enterprise models must have onboard waypoints.

thank you!

I stopped following news about the M3 after it launched with such limited capabilities. It’s great to see that the updates have brought many desired features into play.

thank you!

I stopped following news about the M3 after it launched with such limited capabilities. It’s great to see that the updates have brought many desired features into play.
I was also about to give up hope but was then pleasantly surprised when even onboard waypoints came to the firmware.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa