DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shooting Questions.

TheSnowyPilot

Reactions
How do I shoot in RAW, and is bracketing - I think that was what it was called, the layering image thingy - possible?

Reactions: BSauce955
How do I shoot in RAW
By going into your camera settings, click on Image Format and select the option you want
, and is bracketing - I think that was what it was called, the layering image thingy - possible?
Bracketing is shooting a number of shots at varying exposure settings, rather than just a single shot.
Your Air 2S can shoot brackets of 3 or 5, at exposure intervals of 0.7 stops.
Here are examples of AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) shooting brackets of 3.
One shot is at the "correct" metering exposure (EV0) and the others are 0.7 stops over and under exposed.
i-pmdkWbk-L.jpg

You can use this feature to give you a few options when exposure is tricky.
Or you could combine them (if the subject is static) to create an HDR (high dynamic range) image, which sounds like what you were asking about.

Reactions: pommy
Once you have your RAW images downloaded you'll need to process them and do the "layering image thingy", or HDR (High Dynamic Range) as it's actually called.

There are multiple ways to all of that. For processing I use CaptureOne Pro. You can also use Lightroom, Adobe Raw in Photoshop, and a myriad of other software. For blending images I use Skylum's Aurora HDR. But there are other versions of software for that too.

By going into your camera settings, click on Image Format and select the option you want

Bracketing is shooting a number of shots at varying exposure settings, rather than just a single shot.
Your Air 2S can shoot brackets of 3 or 5, at exposure intervals of 0.7 stops.
Here are examples of AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) shooting brackets of 3.
One shot is at the "correct" metering exposure (EV0) and the others are 0.7 stops over and under exposed.
i-pmdkWbk-L.jpg

You can use this feature to give you a few options when exposure is tricky.
Or you could combine them (if the subject is static) to create an HDR (high dynamic range) image, which sounds like what you were asking about.
I’ve just started to use AEB - but how do you combine?

I’ve just started to use AEB - but how do you combine?
If you have access to Photoshop or Lightroom, both offer HDR functions. Lightroom's is particularly helpful as it can yield a very natural looking result compared to a dedicated HDR and tonemapping process.

Reactions: pommy and 4006448
If you have access to Photoshop or Lightroom, both offer HDR functions. Lightroom's is particularly helpful as it can yield a very natural looking result compared to a dedicated HDR and tonemapping process.
Is that available in the free version of Lightroom?

This.

Easiest way to join AEB’s for a beginner ??

Select your three images - press go.

(You can get it free if you look around ?)
Looking for free versions of software is probably illegal and feels like asking Google to install you a virus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett