DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Shooting Video in Auto

CorralesDan

Reactions
When I got my Mini 2, I already had a fair amount of experience shooting and processing video. As I've mentioned in other posts, I use Davinci Resolve Studio and I'm pretty good in post processing. So, I started out shooting video on my Mini 2 using the Pro mode where I could control everything except the aperture. I was comfortable doing that and got some good results.

As I went out to practice some more with my drone on Friday morning, I thought, "Why don't I try shooting in Auto to see what I get." The very short video below was shot in Auto (with an ND=16 filter) and has no post processing. I was surprised at how good it was, congrats to DJI and my Mini 2. I did notice some changes in white balance which is to be expected, but I can handle that in post processing. I think I'll continue to shoot in Auto to save some post processing time. What do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prop Wash
It does look good! I’ve had similar experiences when I went auto in difficult or changing situations. So much happens under software control these days, and it keeps getting better.

I always lock white balance. Not all auto white changes can be easily corrected in post! It can get finicky, depending.

Reactions: CorralesDan
very nice!

Dan - I did Interior Communication (IC) on the USS Point Defiance (LSD-31). 1976-1980.
Thanks for being a part of Uncle Sam's Yacht Club!

Likewise I've been playing around with auto and Pro settings (Air 2s) trying to determine which produces the better video image depending of course on what I'm shooting. For me, the lighting (position of the sun) seems to make a big difference. The 2nd half of your video looks better to me as I can see the sun appears to have been in a different position. The shadows in the 1st half were casting to the left but the shadows on the house shot were casting to the right, which gave a better image in my humble opinion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser