DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Short battery life

CCDD

Reactions
I own 5 batteries to go along with my Mavic and have never been able to achieve more than 18 minutes of flight time on each to 25%. Anyone else having similar results?

Last edited:
I own 5 batteries to go along with my Mavic and have never been able to achieve more than 18 minutes of flight time on each to 25%. Anyone else having similar results?
I just want to say if you're flying your batteries down to 25% all the times and your batteries will likely have shorter lifespan.

I get more than 18 minutes of flight time, but I suspect it has to do with flying style. If you're tearing up the skies, you'll get shorter flight times.

As for damaging the batteries at 25%, I have to disagree. I believe you're thinking that LiPos that are over discharged suffer damage and I do agree with that. However, that point of damage is at 0% since the software in the battery is already accounting for safe minimum voltage.

Reactions: endlezzdrifter
I get more than 18 minutes of flight time, but I suspect it has to do with flying style. If you're tearing up the skies, you'll get shorter flight times.

As for damaging the batteries at 25%, I have to disagree. I believe you're thinking that LiPos that are over discharged suffer damage and I do agree with that. However, that point of damage is at 0% since the software in the battery is already accounting for safe minimum voltage.

I hope your assumption is right

i don't get it, if you fly to 0 wouldn't that get you to 25 mins? exactly what they are rated for or close to it

i don't get it, if you fly to 0 wouldn't that get you to 25 mins? exactly what they are rated for or close to it
Exactly what I was about to say lol....

Also I believe it is suggested to drain your batteries to around 5% at least every 10 charge cycles

I believe it is suggested to drain your batteries to around 5% at least every 10 charge cycles
I know some people do this (more commonly every 20 charges), but it's not required. There is no known benefit to performing this type of maintenance on DJI batteries.

Fly them.. don't worry about damaging the batteries. I don't condition them or break them In I just fly until Im done. I have run mine down every 20 charges for the Phantom. Doing this seemed to balance the cells at least in the app they seemed balanced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy