DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

short distance limit

madmechanic

Reactions
Taken my mini out for third time and tried range checks and seem to keep losing signal at around 700-800 feet , Looking at some post and videos people getting 1500 ft + , any ideas

Do you have the antennae correctly orientated, as per P29 of the manual?
Are you in or near a built up area which is probably kicking out a lot of wifi?
Do you have line of line sight contact, i.e no hills, building or trees between the controller and the drone?

Reactions: dirkclod
Do you have the antennae correctly orientated, as per P29 of the manual?
Are you in or near a built up area which is probably kicking out a lot of wifi?
Do you have line of line sight contact, i.e no hills, building or trees between the controller and the drone?
Thanks could be antennae will try different angles

Imagine a line drawn between the controller and the drone , the antennae should have their length perpendicular to that line and be parallel with one another.
Rain or mist between the drone and the controller may? also cut down the range. I lost signal around 400m in mist/drizzle in a place were I normally have no problem going to 600m

In my case distance (when signal becomes weak) it heavily depends on how much there is interferrence in the flying area. When flying in area with many family houses (which each has at least one wifi router), I get weak signal warning sometimes even after 150m. In this case the higher drone is, the worse, beause when higher it can “see” more wifis. on the other hand, when flying in fields without houses/wifis, I can easily fly 800m or even over 1km.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom