DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I buy a M1P/MPP in 2022? Convince me :D

Zac Johnson

Reactions
I recently sold my air 2s.... for the second time. Not sure why, my heart wasn't in it.

Suddenly I'm interested in getting an old Mavic pro, they are pretty cheap second hand so less fear of losing it and more likely to be used. Also, it's nostalgic for me, I bought the orginal M1P in Shanghai some years ago around when it came out. What I do remember of it though is it felt less stable than the air 2s and it was much more easily popping up with magnetic interference messages things like that. But air 2s feels too "stiff" to fly, like it's attached to a rubber band and you're fighting it... maybe that's all DJI drones, coming from someone who is used to flying self built fpv quads in full manual.

I know it doesn't have the sharpest image and the camera looks so small and outdated but in my eyes it still creates a really interesting image, kind of dreamy and artistic, as opposed to the air 2s which looks sharper and more realistic but somewhat.... soulless??? Look at spectrumgrades youtube channel and what they can achieve with the M1P.

Give me a reality check! :D Am I really downgrading? Should I just get the mini 3 "pro" or a good deal on the Mavic 2 pro?

Reactions: Galeforce1
While older drones are of course generally a better deal cost wise, they have technical limitations that new models of course don't have.. Better cameras for sure..

Not sure how you evaluate that a newer drone is less stable than an older one.. And I've never had anywhere near the feelings you describe trying to fly any drone I've owned.. Course smaller drones can be less stable in some conditions over larger ones

Anyone can take perhaps Ok drone footage and with perhaps some level of post work make it look great, whereas is a newer model,, less work maybe required to accomplish the same thing because of better output, better bit rates, etc.

So, you maybe back to where you started, saving the money for an older drone that does ok, or a newer one that probably will do better. As always its your call, but trying to apply feelings of "stiffness" or" rubber bands", not sure how you really apply those to a flight as they all work pretty much the same in the end.. its in the hands of the pilot with the RC...

I Made that Kind of downgrade 2 years ago..didnt regret it..the MP1 is still Rock solid and Kind of Legend Drone. But for me the camera quality is Not that important..

Another good Point for the MP1 is that you can easy unlock it completely with Bratt's Superpatcher..

Last edited:
Reactions: Galeforce1
I have 2 of the M1P's and a total of 10 functional batteries. Both are unlocked with No Limit Dronez software. For my purposes they are awesome. Prior to these I had Skyvipers so the M1P was a huge step up. I like the range (in a suburban area i have gotten out 2 miles with a spotter) and the 25-30 minute flight time works for me. I needed to unlock the NFZ's as my home, depending on flight patterns, is about 100 feet inside a NFZ and there were times i just wanted to mess with my dogs in the yard. If i had the money i might consider a mini 3 pro but I am not parting with what works.

I still fly my p3 4K shooting video. The image quality still looks fine on a well calibrated Sony TV. I use it mostly for Litchi missions where unintended contacts with inanimate objects is more likely.

The single biggest factor in good DJI drone video is the pilot’s eye, and proper exposure. Without those, the sensor and lens quality is irrelevant.

Can't seem to fault my M1P after 5 years, even the 3 flymore batteries are still going (seemingly) as good as new.
Have so many nice accessories for it too.
(But, I'm not an upgrader, still have my A1 condition Spark and extensive kit for that too !).

If I were you, I'd look for the M2P for a great upgrade camera, as still rock solid on the GO4, probably what I'd call the best of the last of the mid generation DJI consumer drones.

Can't seem to fault my M1P after 5 years, even the 3 flymore batteries are still going (seemingly) as good as new.
Have so many nice accessories for it too.
(But, I'm not an upgrader, still have my A1 condition Spark and extensive kit for that too !).

If I were you, I'd look for the M2P for a great upgrade camera, as still rock solid on the GO4, probably what I'd call the best of the last of the mid generation DJI consumer drones.
I have to agree here. I own a Mavic 3 with some nice kit and it takes beautiful photos and movies. However there is (IMHO) a different feel to flying my M2P. It always seems to control smoother and is rock solid in wind. The Hasselblad camera is amazing and takes gorgeous photos and movies. I just never seem to want to sell it and I still love flying it.

Own and love my M2P, Smart Controller, 3 batteries, strobe light and Goggles. Dependable (even when I become careless), solid, steady in wind; allDJI_0845.JPG as advertised. Amateur photographer. Zero reason (including cost) for me to change.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50