DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I buy DJI Care Refresh after getting a new bird from DJI that didn't have it to begin with?

jcp411

Reactions
Recently, I crashed my Mavic Pro (pilot error). I sent it into DJI and was to be honest floored by how fast it was handled. In fact I got a different (new?) one sent to me (looks brand new, but confirmed different serial number). They charged me $157 out the door including shipping both ways. Process took about 10 days door to door.

My question is can I buy DJI Care Refresh for the new bird and if so is it worth it? Also can I get it within the 48 hours of registering the new bird without going through a big process?

Frankly after reading all the so called "horror stories" about DJI on here I was pretty sceptical in general about them. The problem is I have 2 friends who both have multiple DJI products and both have Mavic's and both have used DJI Care Refresh multiple times and say it's great! So now I'm wondering if I should get it. I don't plan on crashing again but it almost seems like more of a when not an if.

Thoughts?

Recently, I crashed my Mavic Pro (pilot error). I sent it into DJI and was to be honest floored by how fast it was handled. In fact I got a different (new?) one sent to me (looks brand new, but confirmed different serial number). They charged me $157 out the door including shipping both ways. Process took about 10 days door to door.

My question is can I buy DJI Care Refresh for the new bird and if so is it worth it? Also can I get it within the 48 hours of registering the new bird without going through a big process?

Frankly after reading all the so called "horror stories" about DJI on here I was pretty sceptical in general about them. The problem is I have 2 friends who both have multiple DJI products and both have Mavic's and both have used DJI Care Refresh multiple times and say it's great! So now I'm wondering if I should get it. I don't plan on crashing again but it almost seems like more of a when not an if.

Thoughts?
Howdy jcp411, here are a couple dozen threads that address your concern.
Search Results for Query: buy DJI Care Refresh | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Reactions: Former Member
can I buy DJI Care Refresh for the new bird
Yes, the FAQ on this page states you can buy DJI Care Refresh for refurbished Mavics. You can purchase DJI Care Refresh from DJI here.

Thoughts?
You can. However, a State Farm Personal articles policy is much easier and cheaper that the Dji Refresh. And no questions asked. Unlike the interrogation you will receive with Dji.

Reactions: jcp411 and phoenix3
Thanks for the info everyone.

Howdy jcp411, here are a couple dozen threads that address your concern.
Search Results for Query: buy DJI Care Refresh | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

I did read a lot of the other threads about DJI Care Refresh and none that I could find answered my specific question before and even again after I posted.

Yes, the FAQ on this page states you can buy DJI Care Refresh for refurbished Mavics. You can purchase DJI Care Refresh from DJI here.

Eventually I just tried buying it for the replacement bird (this wasn't refurbished per sey, as it didn't have an R at the end of the serial number which is what DJI says they do if it is refurbished) and DJI wouldn't let me do it even though it was 48 hours within of registering that bird (at least the app appeared to have me register it). The form came back with it being longer than 48 hours. So I wonder if the replacement drone was already registred to someone else.

You can. However, a State Farm Personal articles policy is much easier and cheaper that the Dji Refresh. And no questions asked. Unlike the interrogation you will receive with Dji.

Thanks for the info on the Start Farm personal articles policy. I've read about that but I'm wondering how long that'll last. Although in general it might not be a bad idea to have on a lot of my electronic gear.

Thoughts?
Care Refresh is worth every penny in my opinion.

Tell that to someone who lost their RPA in the ocean????!!
I had a great experience after I sank my Mavic in the Indian ocean, it was replaced within a fortnight. All I can say is I believe the CareRefresh is excellent value and the customer service is at the top of the league I have experienced.

Each case is taken on merit, supporting evidence and the care taken by the pilot to minimise the event. I can't answer for DJI but suffice to say the European support team have been excellent. Be nice, give them loads of info and put your case forward. Good luck fellow pilot

Merit or not, by your comments, you are changing the Modus Operandi of how DJI Care refresh works! I dont care how nice you were to the Euro team, I want to know, if they replaced your Aircraft without the original one being returned. If they did, I would like to see your .TXT file so as ALL of us are privee to your 'top of the league customer service'.. something that IMO DJI is severely lacking.
Please do not think that this is an attack on your opinion or experience, that is not my intent, I find your comments out of the ordinary and would simply like to dig deeper.
Cheers.

Merit or not, by your comments, you are changing the Modus Operandi of how DJI Care refresh works! I dont care how nice you were to the Euro team, I want to know, if they replaced your Aircraft without the original one being returned. If they did, I would like to see your .TXT file so as ALL of us are privee to your 'top of the league customer service'.. something that IMO DJI is severely lacking.
Please do not think that this is an attack on your opinion or experience, that is not my intent, I find your comments out of the ordinary and would simply like to dig deeper.
Cheers.
How I can change the MO I'm not sure? I completed all the forms they asked for, sent in as much other info like screenshots and camera stills from someone also on the boat. I like DJI, I think their support is spot on, the Care Refresh is valuable and works. I am not being put in a situation where I am being used as a pawn in someone else's dispute/grievance. If you don't like them don't use them, if you don't want Care don't buy it. 'End of' as far as I'm concerned.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929