DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I buy now or wait?

GoBigGuy

Reactions
Hi All,

So I lost my Mavic Pro over Thanksgiving while I was in Idaho due to a bird attack :(

I was going to buy the Mavic Pro 2 now that it's on sale but then I read about the rumors that the Mavic Pro 3 might be released by the end of January. My wife would not be happy if I bought the Pro 2 and then turned around and bought the Pro 3 if it happens so it's kind of a one shot purchase for me.

The Pro 2 pretty much checks all the boxes I have with the 1" sensor and the only reason I would want the Pro 3 is if they made the image and video quality better. Should I buy now that it's on sale or wait?

I want to get something before spring before the next camping season starts and think the sale they have now is pretty good and can't see it dropping much more.

Thanks!

Reactions: Jet skier
Not much, unless the currently mythical M3 appears, and then there’s discontinuance of models to ponder...

If you don't feel that you really need to fly during the winter months, then wait.

I haven't seen an indications of anything beyond the murky crystal ball stage.

If you need a bird now, there is no question of waiting.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I read about the rumors that the Mavic Pro 3 might be released by the end of January.
There have been rumours for almost a year.
There are always rumours and they are very rarely accurate, ignore them
the only reason I would want the Pro 3 is if they made the image and video quality better.
Do you imagine the rumoured new drone will have a better camera?
If it gets released, it could still have the same camera too.
The question is: Is the image quality of the existing, real model good enough for you .. or do you want to hang out for a mythical drone that might not be released early next year and might not have improved image quality?

Reactions: gppms
Just go autel evo 2. It is comming soon and it will have better camera for certain

Reactions: EC57
Hi All,

So I lost my Mavic Pro over Thanksgiving while I was in Idaho due to a bird attack :(

I was going to buy the Mavic Pro 2 now that it's on sale but then I read about the rumors that the Mavic Pro 3 might be released by the end of January. My wife would not be happy if I bought the Pro 2 and then turned around and bought the Pro 3 if it happens so it's kind of a one shot purchase for me.

The Pro 2 pretty much checks all the boxes I have with the 1" sensor and the only reason I would want the Pro 3 is if they made the image and video quality better. Should I buy now that it's on sale or wait?

I want to get something before spring before the next camping season starts and think the sale they have now is pretty good and can't see it dropping much more.

Thanks!
By now you can always sell it on eBay or somewhere to get the Mavic three if and when it comes out, there’s no better time than the ?

Just go autel evo 2. It is comming soon and it will have better camera for certain
Coming soon ?
Autel have always taken a long time to release after announcing something new.
A better camera for sure?
All that's known is that one will have a 1" sensor.
Whether it's better remains to be seen.

Coming soon ?
Autel have always taken a long time to release after announcing something new.
A better camera for sure?
All that's known is that one will have a 1" sensor.
Whether it's better remains to be seen.
Well, every single year equal massive technology improvment so on this fact i am based my statment that it will have better camera. It is pure logic.
Only NASA technology is going backwards since moon landings. But hey, we all know that they are lieing about everything so who cares.

Hi All,

Thanks!
In my opinion, even assuming that there will be a new Mavic Pro release , why even think of missing out on all of the fun times you will have flying, then editing and showing your videos? And why miss out on this great sale of $1350. Almost certainly there will be someone on e-bay to buy your "old" one. Carpe diem! (seize the day).

Well, every single year equal massive technology improvment so on this fact i am based my statment that it will have better camera. It is pure logic.
Are you sure about that?
DJI's P4pro camera came out three years ago but DJI haven't brought out a better camera to replace that yet.

Are you sure about that?
DJI's P4pro camera came out three years ago but DJI haven't brought out a better camera to replace that yet.
The question is do they wanted to improve that camera. Phantom 4pro was still in market when they relase mavic 2 pro. So it was logic that less expensive mavic 2pro had to suffer in some way vs phantom 4 pro. It is all about money.
Nevertheless 2020 year is comming and it will be very intrested to see how it all will unfold with next generation of autel evo or mavic.

There will ALWAYS be new and improved technology just around the corner on everything. Just buy the latest and greatest when you want to get back up in the air. The M2 series is pretty much debugged by now and the knowledge base here on the M2 series is extensive from what I see and read. Something to consider.

Reactions: Bobvt
Don’t wait. Go for it! I waited and finally ordered one during Black Friday sale.

Reactions: Bobvt
Coming from the ancient Mavic Pro, and you are thinking that the Mavic 2 Pro still won't be good enough for you? You've got to be kidding, right? Any prospective marginal improvement of a future M3 over the M2P will pale in comparison to the vast improvement of the existing M2P over the MP, period! Get the M2P now, while it is still on sale!

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks!

If flying your drone is not the only thing you've got happening in your life then why not wait a month or two to see if anything actually eventuates in regard to the Mavic 3? It's not as if going a couple of months without a drone is somehow going to cause you to do self-harm - LOL.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost