DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I go for the polarpro filter 3 pack?

kaitlyn

Reactions
Am currently traveling and didn't have opportunity to pick up filters before I left. Biggest issue one noticed so far is blade shadows/flicker due to high shutter speed and sun position.

Local store here in Australia packs the polarpro 3 pack cp/8/16. Wondering if I should go for that or wait out for better option? Would be nicer to have beyond nd16 I think, and I wish they were also polarized (I think?)

What do you guys think? Anyone else use this set? Happy with it?

Reactions: Scamp
No specific experience with these but if they are the newer polarpro that can be put on before gimbal startup then I don't see why not.

Polarisers on a drone seem silly - how do you know which way to orient them before takeoff? Unless you know the polarisation of the reflections you're trying to cut, they won't help plus the sky will look darker or lighter as you pan because of the varying polarisation in different directions, so I'm not persuaded of the usefulness of polarisers on a drone.

Probably it would be nice to have more than ND16 on occasion, but ND8 and ND16 will probably cover 80% of your shooting.

I bought all 6 of the cinemas.

I should add that they also stocked nisi pack of 6. They seem extremely new don't know anything about them?

They did have the 6 pack but I think it was like AUD $190 which is more than I want to spend on them

Definitely buy the cinema shutter series. I use my 16 and 8 every day. Can't get to 1/60th without them. You can see what that looks like on my youtube here:

No issues with them "tinting" the footage. An absolute must have.

What software did you edit that with out of curiosity for adjusting colors and such.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Definitely buy the cinema shutter series. I use my 16 and 8 every day. Can't get to 1/60th without them. You can see what that looks like on my youtube here:

Love your Video !!!!

Reactions: X424
Thanks Bintryin :) Please support my channel by subscribing. I will be releasing regular content from around the UK and Europe.

Am currently traveling and didn't have opportunity to pick up filters before I left. Biggest issue one noticed so far is blade shadows/flicker due to high shutter speed and sun position.

Local store here in Australia packs the polarpro 3 pack cp/8/16. Wondering if I should go for that or wait out for better option? Would be nicer to have beyond nd16 I think, and I wish they were also polarized (I think?)

What do you guys think? Anyone else use this set? Happy with it?

Have the three pack using them almost every day. Great results like on my other quads where I use PolarPro filers

I purchased the vivid 3 pack after owning the taco multicoated filters and being left needing more. Very happy so far.

Great video! I need to get the filters. Seems like they really improve the video quality.

I have the Cinema Series Vivid Collection, which are polarized and includes a ND4/PL, ND8/PL and ND16/PL filters. When used in the proper manner they are extremely nice filters. But, if you buy them and have demanding expectations, and never educate yourself on what color styles or best settings to use with them, you might end up disappointed. The PolarPro filters are made with real glass which is why the results from them are always better then the others on the market.

Just received the freewell 4 pack, very satisfied, fit well, good clarity. Flew with the ND8 today.....mostly sunny.

I have the Cinema Series Vivid Collection, which are polarized and includes a ND4/PL, ND8/PL and ND16/PL filters. When used in the proper manner they are extremely nice filters. But, if you buy them and have demanding expectations, and never educate yourself on what color styles or best settings to use with them, you might end up disappointed. The PolarPro filters are made with real glass which is why the results from them are always better then the others on the market.
Might pick myself up a set of these to add to the shutter series I already own. There are some great examples on youtube of experienced videographers using them to good effect (Ed Ricker springs to mind).

Cheers.

I did extensive research on the Polar Pro filters before I decided on these. You can trust Polar Pro in my opinion. I ordered them on Amazon last Monday and received them right on time with my Prime account with 2 day shipping. I have not had a chance to shoot with them yet, but I'm betting they will work great.

Reactions: TJT
Thanks Bintryin :) Please support my channel by subscribing. I will be releasing regular content from around the UK and Europe.

CP....
Would you be kind enough to share your video settings for color, white balance etc. Did you use the APP provided by PolarPro to set it up or do you tweak settings yourself.

I was told by PolarPro to record everything default settings on normal and auto and just let the lens work their magic.

Then you hear people on YouTube recommend D-log, d-cinelike and art settings. Looking at your video quality.... What do you do. I'm hoping to narrow down the best options before my trip to Europe with family. Atleast best settings where I can edit the video. I also can edit MOV and MP4 video files. Which would be best?

Thoughts on this please?????

Thank you in advance,
Mike

CP....
Would you be kind enough to share your video settings for color, white balance etc. Did you use the APP provided by PolarPro to set it up or do you tweak settings yourself.

I was told by PolarPro to record everything default settings on normal and auto and just let the lens work their magic.

Then you hear people on YouTube recommend D-log, d-cinelike and art settings. Looking at your video quality.... What do you do. I'm hoping to narrow down the best options before my trip to Europe with family. Atleast best settings where I can edit the video. I also can edit MOV and MP4 video files. Which would be best?

Thoughts on this please?????

Thank you in advance,
Mike
Are you referring to the ISO and Shutter speed settings? That would be nice to be able to use those instead of monitoring and changing those settings constantly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada