DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I keep my IPhone 6 for $150 or not?

Chirp

Reactions
Note: I was going to post this question but as I got to the end of typing it up it seemed the answer was pretty clear. But there may be something I haven't considered so why waste all that typing? End Note

I just upgraded from an iPone 6 to a 7 because it was time and it's only abt $7 a month more than I was paying for the six. Although I honestly still don't know what the 7 does compared to the 6 that is useful to me.

I don't like taking my active cell phone out of its case and hooking up the connector when I want to fly. I'm sure it's me.

So I can keep the 6, pay $150 for it and have a dedicated cell phone for the Mavic,
or send it back and not pay $150 and either use the 7 when needed or put the $ towards an IPad Mini or something.

I do have a 3rd gen IPad but it seems to not be compatible with DJI Go.

I hope to start using MP for real estate jobs soon now that I got my 107 so I should probably go for the mini.

I'm going to run out of time to return my 6 pretty soon so please hurry up guys!

Thanks!

Reactions: lramdial
Or u can get this with your iPhone 7 and don't have to take it out of its case.

d1d24945e12afaf7d83f8aed326b61d9.jpg

Reactions: Chirp
I'm not an iphonesh*t guy but a androidcrap one lol but to answer your question I would pay the 150 and keep the old one for pilot purposes as you suggested yourself. I have a Wiko Fever 4g then the day I will buy a new smartphone I will keep that old one for the mavic... Because taking out my smartphone protection cover to fit in the jaws of the rc, turn off my dual sim card to avoid messages/call and notifications is a pain in the ***..

Last edited:
Choice is yours. Hopefully no mavic 2 comes out at that time too [emoji16]
Yup because he will need 3 smartphone to keep all running following that philosophy ahaha.

IMHO it will be great a slightly bigger rc with a hd screen integrated where is no need for plugging a smartphone. The development will be hugely simplify and our pilot life too

Last edited:
You can find it here:

I purchased one of theese and it works ok.The max depth it will go to is 85mm.I purchased it so I didn't need to remove my phone from the case.I thought I might of got away without folding out the controller arms but it feels more comfortable in the hand with them unfolded.
I have since bought a iPad mini so I am now looking for a mount for that.I want one that goes under and to the back of the controller so I can still see the controller screen.most I have come across obscure the controller screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chirp and DSI
I purchased one of theese and it works ok.The max depth it will go to is 85mm.I purchased it so I didn't need to remove my phone from the case.I thought I might of got away without folding out the controller arms but it feels more comfortable in the hand with them unfolded.

Agreed feels more stable with the arms out.

Note: I was going to post this question but as I got to the end of typing it up it seemed the answer was pretty clear. But there may be something I haven't considered so why waste all that typing? End Note

I just upgraded from an iPone 6 to a 7 because it was time and it's only abt $7 a month more than I was paying for the six. Although I honestly still don't know what the 7 does compared to the 6 that is useful to me.

I don't like taking my active cell phone out of its case and hooking up the connector when I want to fly. I'm sure it's me.

So I can keep the 6, pay $150 for it and have a dedicated cell phone for the Mavic,
or send it back and not pay $150 and either use the 7 when needed or put the $ towards an IPad Mini or something.

I hope to start using MP for real estate jobs soon now that I got my 107 so I should probably go for the mini.

I'm going to run out of time to return my 6 pretty soon so please hurry up guys!

Thanks!

I was in the same boat.

I actually have a few old smartphones from an old job just laying around my home office. I too wanted sonething dedicated and didn't want to undress my iPhone 7 every time I use my drone.

So I opted for this and will use one of my tablets DJI Mavic and Spark 9-10" Tablet adapter

Thanks!

Well I have always been into the iPhone plus so when the 7 came out I use it as my daily driver and I use my 6s Plus for flying and any app related to my Mavic is on the 6s Plus.
If I have to use an iPad I'm going to get an iPad mini 4.
New setup: I recently purchased a WD My Passport Wireless Pro which acts as a repeater for my internet. So I log my phone or iPad to the WD wifi and I fly. When I'm done I transfer my videos and photos to the hard drive.

For $150 I'd get the 6, sell it and make $100

Thanks... So it looks like you're saying I can get $250 for the 6 elsewhere? Since I got it from Sprint I guess it's Sprint locked? Does that matter? Don't know much about this at all.

I've had an iPhone 4-7. Lifeoroof case from day one for each phone. Each one of as flawless at the end of my 2 year contracts.......UNTIL INBOUGHT A MAVIC. Now it's been out of its case every day for the first the past week.

Will iPhone 7 with lifeoroof fre case fit in the polar pro phone mount?

Thanks... So it looks like you're saying I can get $250 for the 6 elsewhere? Since I got it from Sprint I guess it's Sprint locked? Does that matter? Don't know much about this at all.

Sold a sprint space gray I Phone 6s 32 gb for 265 in April

I've had an iPhone 4-7. Lifeoroof case from day one for each phone. Each one of as flawless at the end of my 2 year contracts.......UNTIL INBOUGHT A MAVIC. Now it's been out of its case every day for the first the past week.

Will iPhone 7 with lifeoroof fre case fit in the polar pro phone mount?

If slim case then yes.

I'm with you, I don't like using my Iphone for "flight control". I'd rather keep my Iphone for other purposes. Do what I did, just buy a dedicated Ipad. I bought an Ipad Mini 4. I've found even the Ipad Air 2 works with the DJI drones. Look for refurbished ones or used ones on CL...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143