DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I switch control apps?

Latenite

Reactions
Currently, I am flying the DJI GO 4 app. It's the version before the updates for the Central American country. I don't have the version number at the moment. I'm past my Refresh window as well.

I've had a few lost connection flights but no fly-away events. I also haven't had any Geo-fencing issues, but I suspect that will happen in the future as more restrictions are implemented. In this case, I'm no so worried about taking off as I am drifting too close and my Air shutting down mid-flight.

Are these issues GO 4 specific? In other words, if I switch to using Litchi, for example, as my flight app, will I avoid the problems that I see posted by others?

At the moment, I have no other reason to try another control app. I'm just getting a bit twitchy seeing the uptic in software related issues.

I've had a few lost connection flights but no fly-away events.
It's no surprise that you've had no "flyaway" events as there is no such thing.

I also haven't had any Geo-fencing issues, but I suspect that will happen in the future as more restrictions are implemented. In this case, I'm no so worried about taking off as I am drifting too close and my Air shutting down mid-flight.

Are these issues GO 4 specific? In other words, if I switch to using Litchi, for example, as my flight app, will I avoid the problems that I see posted by others?
I'm not sure what problems you are thinking of, but changing to Litchi won't make any difference to the things that are programmed into your Mavic and independent of the control app.

In my experience the air won't shut down if you attempt to fly it into a no fly zone, it will stop at the boundary and simply won't fly into it. It's exactly like if you reach your programmed maximum height and attempt to climb higher.

I've no experience of how litchi handles the same situation but I'm very happy to not fly where I'm not allowed.

It's no surprise that you've had no "flyaway" events as there is no such thing.

Sorry for my lack of clarity, but I'm referring to when there is a communication issue between the remote and the Air and the Air goes off on its own and stops responding to the controls.

Sorry for my lack of clarity, but I'm referring to when there is a communication issue between the remote and the Air and the Air goes off on its own and stops responding to the controls.
If signal has been lost, there's no way for it to respond to control inputs but it doesn't go off on its own.
If the control signal is lost, the drone will return to home unless it is prevented by obstacles or high winds.

If signal has been lost, there's no way for it to respond to control inputs but it doesn't go off on its own.
If the control signal is lost, the drone will return to home unless it is prevented by obstacles or high winds.
Unless the operator has set the default RTH setting to ‘Land’ as another poster recently experienced!

Reactions: warloc66

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser