DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I upgrade from .400?

jmfixitman

Reactions
I am still on .400 firmware and have no real problems that I know of... I stayed on it because of litchi when they were having problems. Do you guys recommend updating or does that screw me into some kind of dji hell?

I have been leary of updating as many folks seem to then have problems with restrictions, etc...

400 won't work with the DJI Goggles, but apart from that I found no problems with it.
It works perfectly fine. My Goggles FW is 0700. IOS Go 4 is v 4.07
The Goggles were designed to work with the Mavic since it’s release. The Mavic Pro is best for me with the 0400 FW. I wouldn’t change a thing because of it being so stable and with reliability.
Many will agree with me on this.

Last edited:
With all of the DJI monitoring, limiting, continuous logins...etc, I'm glad I stopped at 0.700. It works flawlessly. None of the minimalistic newer features have moved me to reconsider.

Reactions: Drone Master
It works perfectly fine. My Goggles FW is 0700. IOS Go 4 is v 4.07
The Goggles were designed to work with the Mavic since it’s release. The Mavic Pro is best for me with the 0400 FW. I wouldn’t change a thing because of it being so stable and with reliability.
Many will agree with me on this.

Thanks for the correction. My recollection was that it did not support the full functionality of the goggles, but I guess I was mistaken. It certainly is a stable firmware version.

With all of the DJI monitoring, limiting, continuous logins...etc, I'm glad I stopped at 0.700. It works flawlessly. None of the minimalistic newer features have moved me to reconsider.
FW 0700 was good as well, but many had issues with the gimbal and it’s errors due to the FW. With that said, I still feel that FW 0400 will always be the best for my Mavics.

I am still on .400 firmware and have no real problems that I know of... I stayed on it because of litchi when they were having problems. Do you guys recommend updating or does that screw me into some kind of dji ****?

I have been leary of updating as many folks seem to then have problems with restrictions, etc...
Stay on that FW! Trust me! 0400 is perfect for the Mavic.

Reactions: jmfixitman
I stopped at .700 and DJI GO4.0.8. Use goggles and flies great!
Unfortunately, I'm starting to lose functionality with Autopilot and Hangar360 apps as I accidentally upgraded to latest.

Reactions: JMF
I stopped at .700 and DJI GO4.0.8. Use goggles and flies great!
Unfortunately, I'm starting to lose functionality with Autopilot and Hangar360 apps as I accidentally upgraded to latest.
I have not upgraded any of my apps for months since the DJI NFZ debacle.
Still using Litchi. And it works as it should.
I know many are kicking themselves in the ars becuase they upgraded their apps along with Go 4 to the latest.

Last edited:
I know many are kicking themselves in the ars becuase they upgraded their apps along with Go 4 to the latest.
There are ways to downgrade the DJI go 4 app..... I had the latest and down graded to 4.0.6 that way I dont have to log in.

Im still on .700 and plan on staying there. Whats the difference between .400 and .700?
I think you have airplane flight mode on 700?
I tried it once and didn't like it, still on 400 here, with recompiled app that doesn't contact DJI at all.

I think you have airplane flight mode on 700?
I tried it once and didn't like it, still on 400 here, with recompiled app that doesn't contact DJI at all.
How did you get the recompiled app??

Reactions: digdat0

so what version of litchi are you using?
and does anyone actually know if litchi's latest android version will be ok with .400 mavic firmware

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest