DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I use rice?

umanbean

Reactions
Bwaaaahahahaaa... just kidding. For those of you who know better than to use rice to 'dry out' a wet device, I apologize for the 'clickbait' title... first time I've ever done that. šŸ˜‡

Rained (hard) yesterday, found out early this morning my shop has developed a small roof leak - right over the desk my Tello was sitting on.... so it got wet, with a battery in it too.

I dried everything off with a towel, blew out the tello with an air compressor, and set it in front of a sunny window. No flying it today but should be good to go in another day or so.

Love me some rice pudding!.. haven't had any in a long time... thanks for the reminder, I'll have to get my wife to make some šŸ˜
Throw in a handful of whisky or rum soaked sultanas, that takes rice pudding to a whole new level.

Bwaaaahahahaaa... just kidding. For those of you who know ( or don't )....

Urban myth about rice and weddings.

The myth is that birds will eat it and explode. šŸ¤”

The truth is the rice acts like a bazillion tiny ball bearings that could injure those attending the wedding.

They say to throw bird seed instead.

No slip hazard to the guests as the seeds will crush underfoot, and the birds will clean up afterwards. :)

Reactions: umanbean
Haven't had it for a long time, really need it. Really thanks for the reminder, I'll have to get my family to work boys them lol.

This clickbait title reminded me about the sutiation which had happened almost 12 years ago. I was a child, and I put my phone and lip gloss in the bag. The lip gloss dripped on my phone, and I was terryfied. I came home, took the battery off the phone, cleaned it with water... then put it in the rice and it worked!
I do not want to do it with my drone :D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242