DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should My Altitude Drop 27 Feet Between Take-off and Landing When at the Same Location?

jelarv

Reactions
In another post many MPs were very kind in explaining I had unrealistic expectations for my M2 GPS to be precise to anything less than 10 feet. I also learned the altitude is not perfect due to the technology. But today, I had 3 flights all within about 30 minutes of each other, where I didn't go higher than 50 feet and the landing altitude, which should have been zero for each flight was:
1. Flight #1: 0
2. Flight #2: -14.4 ft
3. Flight 33: -26.9 ft

Does this seem normal or should I contact DJI support? I've already calibrated the IMU and compass. Is there something I'm doing in flight that's resetting the altitude like getting close to the ground other than landing?

Thanks for any insights you can offer!

0 feet.png
-14.4 feet.png
-26.9 feet.png

Does this seem normal or should I contact DJI support? I've already calibrated the IMU and compass. Is there something I'm doing in flight that's resetting the altitude like getting close to the ground other than landing?
It's common to see an indicated height difference of +/- 10 feet (or more) over the duration of a flight.
27 ft might be a bit much and you might be able to improve on that by recalibrating the IMU.
No need for concern or contacting DJI though, it's all normal with a barometric sensor.

um i disagree,,,imo it should be a lot tighter tolerences for the altitude, I know mine is

Reactions: jelarv
quick review of about 5 of my last flights. M2Z.. 0, -7, -3, 0, 0

so mine is much tighter.

note- the -7 value was a night flight. not sure how that would change it.

I just spot checked 5 random flights and all were less than 0.7ft.

I've seen mine vary 10 to 12 ft. already, especially if the weather fronts are changing or a storm is coming in. The altitude is calculated with a pressure sensor, and I'm sure it is very sensitive. I use the altitude readout as a relative number, not an exact altitude. That said, 26 ft. seems a little excessive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore