DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should the mini 2 be worried =faa

Rob022017

Reactions
Do I have to worry about the faa with my mini2? I fly at night and during the day. I also fly most of the times bvlos. That thing is so small have the time I don’t know it’s even returned home till it’s right over top of me. I am sorry to say I know a lot of people fly these for a living drone wise. I for one don’t want the government to know when where and how I am flying. At most I mite get 250 to 300 meters high at tops when signal gets bad. So the main thing. Is the faa a threat to the mini 2

200 to 300 METERS AGL? As in 656 to 984 feet?
If you're flying recreationally and under 250g, then you don't have to register so you don't require RID, but you still have to fly VLOS as you're supposed to do now. If you fly 107 or add weight, then you have to register which means you'll require RID or else fly in designated RC flying locations.

There's a good chance DJI will have a firmware update to have the MM2 RID method 1 compliant.
If not then you'll need to add a RID module if you need to register due to added weight or 107 flight, but must be VLOS.

BVLOS is not yet addressed for RID method 1 but new rules are supposed to be addressed later.

Do I have to worry about the faa with my mini2? I fly at night and during the day. I also fly most of the times bvlos. That thing is so small have the time I don’t know it’s even returned home till it’s right over top of me. I am sorry to say I know a lot of people fly these for a living drone wise. I for one don’t want the government to know when where and how I am flying. At most I mite get 250 to 300 meters high at tops when signal gets bad. So the main thing. Is the faa a threat to the mini 2
The simple answer is: The FAA would be a threat to any drone/UAS operator that is flying in the National Airspace and is not in compliance with the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.

Last edited:
It’s wrong to know when we take off or land if not bothering airplanes or interfering in there traffic why interfere with our lives. I am not flying over people. Or breaking any laws that where there before this nonsense u think freestyle or racing pilots are gonna follow this. No they build there own drone and fly the way they want. We pay good money and lots of money for what we fly I feel should be same way we are not killing anyone crashing airplanes or so on let us be and enjoy our hobby

If racing pilots are flying in open air (not indoors or in a covered parking garage) and their drones are over 250g, they will have to comply. One way to comply is fly in a designated field.

They could opt to not comply, but they could be subject to serious consequences. They may just get a visit from LEO telling them to go home.

Let’s hope you never need to worry about the FAA.

Your immediate concern might be to familiarise yourself with the regulations and, more importantly, potential hazards and consequences of your potential actions.

Maybe talk to those you know who fly sUAV commercially for a few tips.

50787720-A986-481A-8473-7410B44080AE.jpeg

As you might easily see the Heli depicted in red would be easily reached by one of your only 300m before signal loss flights you say you regularity get.

Food for thought..... Hopefully it might be.

Reactions: raymairjr
u think freestyle or racing pilots are gonna follow this. No they build there own drone and fly the way they want.
Who’s more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Wow.... You put it in black and white that you are breaking FAA rules for flying your drone. We read about people who believe the way you do all the time in the news.
I could go on but I can tell you really do not care and it is not my job to try to change your mind.
Good luck.

Do you mean 250 to 300 feet?

Let’s hope you never need to worry about the FAA.

Your immediate concern might be to familiarise yourself with the regulations and, more importantly, potential hazards and consequences of your potential actions.

Maybe talk to those you know who fly sUAV commercially for a few tips.

View attachment 120694

As you might easily see the Heli depicted in red would be easily reached by one of your only 300m before signal loss flights you say you regularity get.

Food for thought..... Hopefully it might be.
That does not even show the area I fly in and that bird flies well above what I do

Do you mean 250 to 300 feet?
And no I mean most times to get the range I need to get where I want to go I fly between 250 meters not feet. And I am not saying I don’t care about the faa but if I am not hurting people endangering lives of people or property there should be no harm.

You don’t get to decide what is considered safe flight. The FAA in the US has that responsibility. It’s activities over the last many years has made commercial flights a remarkably safe way to travel, both for the passengers, and those below them on the ground. That ability is unlikely to exist in any individual opinion.

Well you can fly how ever you think you have the right to do. But be warned if something goes wrong you could get sued,fined and or go to prison. You don’t want to be that dink.

Reactions: raymairjr
And no I mean most times to get the range I need to get where I want to go I fly between 250 meters not feet. And I am not saying I don’t care about the faa but if I am not hurting people endangering lives of people or property there should be no harm.
Even though the Mini and Mini 2 don't need to be registered, all regulations still need to be followed.

The lack of registration doesn't exempt you from restrictions that are applied on all recreational UAV.

So in this case, even if you don't register, you still are required to stay below 400 feet above ground level.

If there was a report, the lack of registration could increase your fines, since the moment you do something outside of the bounds of recreational flying, they start treating you like a Part 107 operator, and one of the first things they'll hit you with is lack of registration, and lack of part 107 certification.

As far as should be no harm, those restrictions are in place to prevent such possibilities of accidents. Lest you end up like that guy in California who crashed his drone into an LAPD helicopter forcing an emergency landing.

That does not even show the area I fly in and that bird flies well above what I do
With all due respect, you are occupying air space by flying an object that is potentially fatal to others. While you are asking about the drone being an issue, I would suggest you ask yourself if your attitude might be the problem.

I see these regulations set up to avoid accidents, avoid impinging on others’ outdoors experiences, and enabling these devices to occupy their given space in the ecosystem the way other aircraft already do.
There is no “right” to fly just as there is no right to drive. If you want to risk being caught breaking laws, then you’ll need to accept that your devious prompted the results you experience.

I didn't expect the heli in the screen shot I posted might have been directly above where you fly, or even that the depicted flight path might be above it.

Apologies however I think you might be having a lend of people here just to see what reactions you get.

My point was simply that it doesn't matter where you fly in Maryland, or anywhere else in the country for that matter, if you are up around 250-300m altitude you should expect to be sharing with manned aircraft. How do you feel about that as a risk? And to the extent you feel it is your entitlement to fly however you like don't expect everyone to be good with it, FAA included.

Guys, look at his sign up date - 12/30/2020. Likely a Christmas n00b.
Next week we'll be listening to how his drone flew away or crashed for no good reason.

Guys, look at his sign up date - 12/30/2020. Likely a Christmas n00b.
Next week we'll be listening to how his drone flew away or crashed for no good reason.
Lol look at your sign up date. Wow I have been flying fpv before you even made an account here. Never had a fly away on any drone but a CX-20 witch you mite not even know about like ten years ago. But thanks for your response if you did not have anything to say on topic. Then don’t say anything at all

Lol look at your sign up date. Wow I have been flying fpv before you even made an account here. Never had a fly away on any drone but a CX-20 witch you mite not even know about like ten years ago. But thanks for your response if you did not have anything to say on topic. Then don’t say anything at all
I don’t think this is the place for you. Seriously. If you are asking law abiding people to go along with your desire to fly in any airspace YOU choose, you are in the wrong space. And, as an addendum: the fact you owned a drone ten years ago, qualifies you for what?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser