DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should we be concerned as well...US army wants to ban DJI Drones due to safety concerns.

SafariMan

Reactions
Reactions: dirkclod
If Google quit their operations in China because exploits and control of sensitive users information, what do you think happens to a Chinese company?

Reactions: Rbruz
And I hear Apple pulled a load of VPN apps from the China app store this week too?

Not related at all. Apple pulled the VPN apps because they violate China law.

RE: The military ban. I wouldn't expect a product that is "prosumer" (at best) to be up to military security specs. Why the Army is using them is beyond me. It would be like using Fisher Price walkie-talkies and "suddenly" realizing they're not secure.

Anyway, I'm not too concerned over the Chinese, or anyone else for that matter, spying on me. I say "Enjoy the show!". :)

China is secretly sneaking in malware via Drones! Tonight at 5: Those Drones you already hate? We found ANOTHER reason to hate them!!!

I wish my Mavic was a spying device. That would mean it was carefully built to perform instead of quickly assembled for mass market. Remember, when you buy a Mavic, make sure to ask for the ESPIONAGE models. Top Notch build quality!

Not related at all. Apple pulled the VPN apps because they violate China law.

RE: The military ban. I wouldn't expect a product that is "prosumer" (at best) to be up to military security specs. Why the Army is using them is beyond me. It would be like using Fisher Price walkie-talkies and "suddenly" realizing they're not secure.

Anyway, I'm not too concerned over the Chinese, or anyone else for that matter, spying on me. I say "Enjoy the show!". :)

I'm not sure what DJI products they were using. DJI makes better drones than the units we fly. Although, I would have appreciated a Mavic in Iraq!

What I really want to know is where they're going to sell those puppies! If I know the military, they will be top of the line units for sure!

I wish my Mavic was a spying device. That would mean it was carefully built to perform instead of quickly assembled for mass market. Remember, when you buy a Mavic, make sure to ask for the ESPIONAGE models. Top Notch build quality!
I tried but the shop only had the older Cloak and Dagger model left - comes with a bottle of invisible ink and the manual on a microdot. However, I have noticed a strange black car outside my house since I ordered the drone. Should I be worried? ;)

Reactions: TerryJ
I tried but the shop only had the older Cloak and Dagger model left - comes with a bottle of invisible ink and the manual on a microdot. However, I have noticed a strange black car outside my house since I ordered the drone. Should I be worried? ;)

Since you live near the most surveilled city in the world, you should be quite used to being watched.

DJI gets into your phone and has access to everything in it. If that bothers you you better get a stand alone flight phone. The US military is not going to stand with their pants down around their ankles.
[emoji631]

DJI monitors the activity and content of every drone launched...that's why the Army and Navy are objecting and so do I as a photojournalist...I don't want them monitoring when I'm flying particularly in foreign countries on assignments...they have no need to examine the content I gather...I'm glad someone with the clout of the US Army and Navy has issued this decree...several of us have been quite angry about DJI's practices for months.

DJI monitors the activity and content of every drone launched...that's why the Army and Navy are objecting and so do I as a photojournalist...I don't want them monitoring when I'm flying particularly in foreign countries on assignments...they have no need to examine the content I gather...I'm glad someone with the clout of the US Army and Navy has issued this decree...several of us have been quite angry about DJI's practices for months.

Well, I'm here to tell you that a lot of guys here will tell you how wrong you are to feel that way!

Since you live near the most surveilled city in the world, you should be quite used to being watched.

Out of interest, are you ok with people flying drones over your property and filming you? I guess you have to be if you do it to other people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje