DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should you use MM1 batteries in MM2?

Mike mini 2

Reactions
Simply i would not recommend it as it only gives cons.

Lipo vs lithium-ion
Watch a video on YouTube which will explain the difference between the two.

Cons of using MM1 batteries in MM2

1. Less flight time due to more weight

2. Premature motorware due to more RPM caused by weight

3. Less power to fight wind as the batteries discharge rate is slowed

4. Less distance

5. Possibly more uncontrolled gimble movements when in sport mode/normal mode due to less power to distribute

6. Requires you to register your drone

7. Drone operator license

I find these findings to contribute to the topic of why it's not worth flying the MM2 with MM1 batteries. If you have MM1 batteries kicking around don't be afraid to use them just keep in mind these facts

Last edited:
Yes there are a few Vids out there explaining it is okay.

But since I do not have either one, I am not faced with that situation.

Tell you the truth.... If I had to decide..... I would not do it.

I recently sold my MM combo pack and bought a M2 solo pack. Plus I purchased a cheap MM battery and I’m happy with this little kit. I’m aware of the downsides of using an MM battery in M2 but still it doesn’t make a whole sense to get combo pack.

Two batteries are more than enough in my use case. And I’m not really interested in that 18W charger, charging hub and soft shoulder bag. I‘m always using separate hardshell cases for my drones and RCs. Also I have stand-alone USB charger for batteries, hub not needed.

Another fact is Li-ion batteries are easier to maintain their health in long term use, compared to Li-Po batteries. That’s another reason to avoid buying combo pack for me. If you’re not a frequent flyer, dealing with 3 Li-Po batteries will be harder.

I recently sold my MM combo pack and bought a M2 solo pack. Plus I purchased a cheap MM battery and I’m happy with this little kit. I’m aware of the downsides of using an MM battery in M2 but still it doesn’t make a whole sense to get combo pack.

Two batteries are more than enough in my use case. And I’m not really interested in that 18W charger, charging hub and soft shoulder bag. I‘m always using separate hardshell cases for my drones and RCs. Also I have stand-alone USB charger for batteries, hub not needed.

Another fact is Li-ion batteries are easier to maintain their health in long term use, compared to Li-Po batteries. That’s another reason to avoid buying combo pack for me. If you’re not a frequent flyer, dealing with 3 Li-Po batteries will be harder.
I completely agree LiPO's in general are harder to maintain and also require knowledge to maintain. DJI has done us all a favor by adding automatic discharge with smart batteries with that being said never leave the batteries with less than 72% battery if being stored for more than a few days or months as it will damage the battery. Always monitor the batteries when leaving them idle for more than 2 months as the battery percent to drop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada