DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me yours I'll show you mine ;-)

its certainly different ,what made you go for the distressed look.

Like the distressed look. Creative. Excellent paint job.

Reactions: 7of9trek
Pretty

Reactions: Alan_M and Torque
Looks sick mate! Fly it with pride as a heavy piece of equipment it is.

What kind of paint do you use? I would be worried that some paint types might run and get on lens of camera, or worse block the wifi signal (probably not a lot, but still a concern I would think).

Thanks for sharing.

They've added Mini wraps at wrapgrade.jp. Of all the wraps I've tried theirs are the best fit and come with a map that will help get them stuck on the best. By my third one, it's hard to tell it's not painted.

My biggest problem with the my Mavic Pros, 2s, and Typhoons is that they're hard for me to pick out against a background and a few brushes with trees have resulted. TFlashy lights don't help much in the daylght. The Platinum's marginally easier too see. The bright-white Inspires don't need to be wrapped, plus they're loud enough that it's easier to pick them out of the sky.

Wrapping those neutral-colored drones with WrapsGrade's completely un-natural Neon Orange, Yellow, and Green makes all of them easier for me to see at a distance and also against forested areas. I'm waiting arrival of Neon Orange and Yellow for my Minis, and will definitely be adding black stripes like the OP did!

I'm not trashing DecalGirl or MightySkins at all, and they've got a better selection of patterns. But WrapGrade's got those Neon and other flashy wraps, and they're cut better, IMHO...

Reactions: RavenManiac
What kind of paint do you use? I would be worried that some paint types might run and get on lens of camera, or worse block the wifi signal (probably not a lot, but still a concern I would think).

Thanks for sharing.
I always use Revel Aqua Color. These are special colors for model making. But I don't know if they are available in the US.
They can be mixed with water and are water based, but after they dried they are very water resistant.
I could not find any influence on the wifi signal, gps or any other function of the MM.

I used the same colors on my spark too, years ago. I airbrushed the Spark with that colors. Never had any problems.

Thanks. I will take a look and see if I can find some in the US. I sure they have something similar here. I was thinking model paints, but I know some of those are metallic flakes in them.

I have a Mavic Air. Always was attracted to green skins but if lost, I would never find it in nature. So I opted for my Predator drone look. Love your paint job!

Attachments

• 20191031_064002.jpg
    20191031_064002.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 96
  • 20191031_074402.jpg
    20191031_074402.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
Reactions: Brido
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics