DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show us your M3P's bottom-mounted Firehouse Arc V strobe! Without velcro?

MarkTun

Reactions
Hi Folks,

Anyone got the Firehouse ARC V strobe bottom mounted to their Mini 3 Pro WITHOUT using velcro?

Perhaps using some kind of plastic bracket that snaps on/off of the drone itself? I had this setup with my old Mini 2 and it worked like a charm. Checked with Firehouse, it does not appear that they will be producing such a bracket (they sold me the one I had on the Mini 2).

Many thanks in advance....I would rather not use velcro on the surface of the drone, pending some new skins.

Many thanks,

mark

A lot of pilots will secure a strobe to an accessory landing gear such as this and attach it to the aircraft.

I have seen top mounted and arm mounts for strobes but not a bottom mount as it may interfere with the bottom sensors.

I use the mounts from Aeriel -Pixel when I fly my MA2 & 4 ARC V's that work well.

Reactions: MarkTun

Thanks, MA2. I see firehouse currently sells arm mounted mounts. If those can be turned downward, they might meet my needs. Also, have not seen M3P landing gear where the strobe attaches to the landing gear itself, rather than to the M3P, which is what I'm trying to do.

.I would rather not use velcro on the surface of the drone, pending some new skins.

The Velcro sucks, but the 3m fasteners work well.

Perhaps you could cut a piece out of the skin(s) and apply it around where the ARC V will mount. 🤔

Reactions: GFields and MarkTun
Well.....I think my final compromise on this issue will be to use velcro fastener attached to one of the batteries, so the strobe will be at the back of the aircraft, which should aid in my daytime visibility.

Velcro on the battery was my solution. Using the smaller, less expensive and lighter Vifly strobe. Visibility is drastically improved except when it is coming toward you. Use it during the day and evenings. Usually fly around sundown.

Interesting "technical point" in this review copied from Amazon. There is another review just like it:
Because the landing gear levels the drone body, it puts the lift vector at a forward angle. At this attitude, you cannot lift off vertically from your helipad. Trying to lift off vertically results in significant forward motion. If you are taking off from a restricted space, such as near trees, your house, etc., your drone is at risk of crashing. It is not a well thought out design.
As for construction, it is light weight plastic. Probably sturdy enough for this smart drone which controls landing speed.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone