DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal booster(s) for 4hawks SR dual band antenna

Will042082

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air with the 4hawks SR antenna installed and would like to add signal boosters. I purchased a RexUAV 2.4ghz booster and a RexUAV 5.8ghz booster. Since this is a dual band antenna and both ports on the 4hawk support 2.4/5.8, do I simply connect 1 to port 1 and the other to port 2? Or do I actually need 2 dual signal boosters that does both 2.4 and 5.8?

I guess there are 4 options and need help with the correct one.
1. 2.4 booster on port 1 and 5.8 on port 2.
2. Y both boosters together so each booster goes to both ports.
3. I ****** up and should of bought a dual band booster, Y it and it connects to both ports.
4. I ****** up and should of bought 2 dual band boosters and connect 1 to port 1 and the other to port 2.

Please help!

Last edited:
I realize that it has been a while since you posted this question but I’m having the same issue right now. I was wondering if you ever found the correct configuration for the antenna boosters and your 4 Hawks antenna?

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
I have the 4 hawks antenna and I just purchased a 2.4ghz 4W sunhan amplifier to attach to my controller as well. The 4 hawks antenna is the non-powered version and although it seems to work okay, I’m having trouble with a lot of interference where I live.

I wanted to know where exactly the amplifier needs to be connected? Do I need a Y adapter so that both cables running to the 4 hawks antenna receives amplification? Can I put the amplifier on just one of the cables going into the antenna?

Like the OP asked in his original question basically, except I haven’t purchased a second amplifier yet. Do I need to purchase a Sunhan 5.8ghz amplifier as well?

I have the 4 hawks antenna and I just purchased a 2.4ghz 4W sunhan amplifier to attach to my controller as well. The 4 hawks antenna is the non-powered version and although it seems to work okay, I’m having trouble with a lot of interference where I live.

I wanted to know where exactly the amplifier needs to be connected? Do I need a Y adapter so that both cables running to the 4 hawks antenna receives amplification? Can I put the amplifier on just one of the cables going into the antenna?

Like the OP asked in his original question basically, except I haven’t purchased a second amplifier yet. Do I need to purchase a Sunhan 5.8ghz amplifier as well?
You cannot run a 2.4 and a 5.8 amp at the same time. If you already have the 2.4 amp I would go ahead and order a second amp and put both of them inline with the antenna.

By the way, thanks for taking the time to respond. I’ve read SEVERAL threads about modding the aircraft and I recognize you as being a contributor to a lot of the information I’ve already read.

I’m sure my question seems very simple and maybe a little dumb. I just want to modify the controller at this point and I’d like to leave the aircraft alone. Thanks again!

By the way, thanks for taking the time to respond. I’ve read SEVERAL threads about modding the aircraft and I recognize you as being a contributor to a lot of the information I’ve already read.

I’m sure my question seems very simple and maybe a little dumb. I just want to modify the controller at this point and I’d like to leave the aircraft alone. Thanks again!
No question is a dumb question if you don't know. Just ask!

Okay great, so I will essentially amplify both antenna cable 1 and 2 separately with two 2.4ghz amplifiers before they attach to the panel antenna?

One last thing, I will select a 2.4ghz channel to fly in as well, correct?

Okay great, so I will essentially amplify both antenna cable 1 and 2 separately with two 2.4ghz amplifiers before they attach to the panel antenna?

One last thing, I will select a 2.4ghz channel to fly in as well, correct?
That is correct. You will have to manually select 2.4ghz each time you fly.

This is my setup 5Ghz boosters power by powerbank.
ea26737a65ac9edf876ed1adff36c607.jpg
4a4bf8ccb9f1da8fe7abde783f9896aa.jpg

What is the advantage of having 2 x 5.8ghz amps vs 2 x 2.4ghz amps? From what I know, the 5ghz signal is for better video or less latency and the 2ghz signal is for distance? Just curious why you chose the 5ghz route?

Another question, what’s the best way to power these amps, cut the A/C and solder the pos & neg to a LiPO?

What is the advantage of having 2 x 5.8ghz amps vs 2 x 2.4ghz amps? From what I know, the 5ghz signal is for better video or less latency and the 2ghz signal is for distance? Just curious why you chose the 5ghz route?

Another question, what’s the best way to power these amps, cut the A/C and solder the pos & neg to a LiPO?
Here's what I used with mine. Or you can use one of those little small backup power supply's that they sell on Amazon.

20190319_021158.jpg

Just make sure you check your amps power input socket and determine if you need any type of adapters to mate your battery to your amps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S