DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal Loss/Return to home stops Obstacle Avoidance & Sport Mode Question

Springerdog1

Reactions
I recently upgraded from a Mavic Air to Mavic 2 Zoom a couple of weeks ago and I've noticed a couple of things:

1/ When I lose signal and the aircraft returns to home it warns me that obstacle avoidance has been disconnected. Is there a way to keep obstacle avoidance active?

2/ When I switch from P mode to S mode I don't see a large difference in speed like I did on the Mavic Air, in fact they are about the same speed. I am able to fly at 32 or 33 miles an hour in P mode. Is anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Last edited:
At what distance and altitude?
No, I’m not the drone police.

Next time you fly that area, try another 75 feet up.
Check your rth settings in the app. There are a few options.

Search through all your settings,one by one. My guess is it’s in there somewhere.

altitude 350
distance 2000 ft

Not sure how populated the area you’re flying in is, but that’s 100 metres up which should be plenty high enough, so you really should be getting much better range than that- I’ll bet your Air flew further. Like Starz said, you probably need to have a good delve into the settings before you decide whether you’ve got a lemon.

Reactions: Springerdog1
Obstacle avoidance should only disable when landing. Even then it should check if landing site is suitable at the last two feet.
Come to think of it, after last firmware update, it does say 'temporary obstacle avoidance error" once it lands. I wonder if they now have a bug with landing site check.

Reactions: Springerdog1
Not sure how populated the area you’re flying in is, but that’s 100 metres up which should be plenty high enough, so you really should be getting much better range than that- I’ll bet your Air flew further. Like Starz said, you probably need to have a good delve into the settings before you decide whether you’ve got a lemon.
I have had it go to 4000 ft away if I am going in the right direction. The Air Maxed out about 2000 feet away.

I have had it go to 4000 ft away if I am going in the right direction. The Air Maxed out about 2000 feet away.

Ah ok, I was just going on your post where you said you were losing signal at 2000ft distance, but obviously I don’t know what the characteristics are of the area your flying in.

Obstacle avoidance should only disable when landing. Even then it should check if landing site is suitable at the last two feet.
Come to think of it, after last firmware update, it does say 'temporary obstacle avoidance error" once it lands. I wonder if they now have a bug with landing site check.
Along with some other bugs that are provided free of charge, courtesy of the fine code writers at DJI.

By default the S/P/T switch is won't do anything other that P mode. Go into the Settings, Main Controller Settings, and enable Multiple Flight Modes to get access to sport mode and tripod mode.

By default the S/P/T switch is won't do anything other that P mode. Go into the Settings, Main Controller Settings, and enable Multiple Flight Modes to get access to sport mode and tripod mode.

Saved me typing, this was my answer also.

Reactions: JosephAir
So the real question is, is the op actually seeing an indicator that confirms he has switched into sport mode. Yes, if multiple flight mode is not enabled, sport mode ain’t there, but if you move the switch to sport mode with flight modes disabled,you will get a message that tells you that you are missing something. More info from op please?

Twice during regular P mode
Flying mountain foothills 1/2 miles to my house, the controller blacked out and I lost the DJI GO 4 app screen. I was able to return to home with the button on the controller but not sure why this is happening. All software is up-to-date. Does anyone have any comments as to jamming signals or something wrong with the app for a Mavic 2 pro?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys