DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal loss

cococard

Reactions
Hey guys,

Will using an iPad Pro 11 inch with an adaptor base affect the signal strength? I seem to have a weaker signal with that setup.

As far as the signal strength coming from the RC, that will remain the same no matter what device is used for the Fly app. What can happen is either the device is physically interfering with the signal (partial signal blockage due to close location from antenna) or the device's wifi is on (try airplane mode).

Reactions: David_OC
Hey guys,

Will using an iPad Pro 11 inch with an adaptor base affect the signal strength? I seem to have a weaker signal with that setup.
I have the aluminum Skyreazy adapter for my Lenovo 10" tablet and have not noticed any issues with either. Depending on where I fly - lots of trees, mountains, and such - I can and do get a weak signal indication on occasion or total loss for a few seconds. It also depends on how you hold the RC, which with a tablet tend to be at a downward angle and not the best antenna position. Keeping the antenna pointed up and towards where the drone is flying helps a good deal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa