DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal loss

Ashjuk

Reactions
Has anyone else noticed that with the latest Fly version the connection between drone and controller is unstable.

I had not flown for a while as I had been busy with other things but when I flew the other day the signal would go from full strength to nothing and then back to full strength without the drone moving position. The distance was around 400mts and in the past I have flown much further away without losing the connection.

I flew again today and had the same problems. I can't think it was down to external interference as I was flying over open fields.

Has anyone else noticed that with the latest Fly version the connection between drone and controller is unstable.

I had not flown for a while as I had been busy with other things but when I flew the other day the signal would go from full strength to nothing and then back to full strength without the drone moving position. The distance was around 400mts and in the past I have flown much further away without losing the connection.

I flew again today and had the same problems. I can't think it was down to external interference as I was flying over open fields.
Did you check the signal interference??? What does it "say"?

Last edited:
Did you check the signal interference??? What does it "say"?
I must admit I did not check as I'm not sure how to do that.

I assumed because it was open fields there would not be any interference. Also I flew in the same area earlier in the year and did not have any connection issues.

Hi, I am recently a Mini2 pilot and I found it very useful and interesting to check the flight logs with AirData. you will find a lot of useful information about the signal too.

321222.PNG123.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I did not check as I'm not sure how to do that.

I assumed because it was open fields there would not be any interference. Also I flew in the same area earlier in the year and did not have any connection issues.
Ashjuk,

Its easy to check click "the three dots .... in the upper right corner. Take 3 seconds of your life. I do it before every flight.

Ashjuk,

Its easy to check click "the three dots .... in the upper right corner. Take 3 seconds of your life. I do it before every flight.
Thanks, I will check next time I fly to see if there is any interference that's causing the problem.

I have same problem. I switch to manual transmision and find the 5.8ghz very poor signal, lost even on 2 meter distance

Have you tried doing some test flights with the 1.4.8 (1185) Beta app?

Have you tried doing some test flights with the 1.4.8 (1185) Beta

Have you tried doing some test flights with the 1.4.8 (1185) Beta app?
Hi, I have installed 1.4.8 on both IOS and Android phones, Is this a Beta version or are there two different versions?
What does 1185 mean?? BTW I have never experienced any problem what so ever.

version (1185) is a beta with bug fixes .. from your post above I thought you were having connection problems. Maybe I misinterpreted the message.

I am "photo2be".. no, no probs at all and I have 2 Mini2. One with IOS, one with Android. Is there ONLY a Beta version?
in fact my answer was for Afifsulhan. yes there is only a beta of DjiFly. and dji says some problems have been fixed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje