DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal map losses

Ralph thompson

Reactions
The M3 Classic with RC pro, I have been getting very minor signal losses in very benign conditions. I don't think they are serious but rarely saw this with the M2P & Smart Controller. It was common to get quite large signal drops with I1P which didn't seem to be an issue but I expected the M3 Classic with RC Pro to have completely solid with connections with O3. I did still had my phone hotspot turned on, I normally switch to airplane mode. In this example I was max dist 210ft, below 100' only possible obstruction was a tree I was flying around but otherwise a completely open space. The antenna were perpendicular to line of sight. And yet there are points where the download signal drops below 100%. The 2nd example the M3 was only a few feet away. Anyone else seeing signal drops on the M3Classic and RC Pro?

Attachments

• SignalLosses.png
    SignalLosses.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • SignalLosses2.png
    SignalLosses2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
The M3 Classic with RC pro, I have been getting very minor signal losses in very benign conditions. I don't think they are serious but rarely saw this with the M2P & Smart Controller. It was common to get quite large signal drops with I1P which didn't seem to be an issue but I expected the M3 Classic with RC Pro to have completely solid with connections with O3. I did still had my phone hotspot turned on, I normally switch to airplane mode. In this example I was max dist 210ft, below 100' only possible obstruction was a tree I was flying around but otherwise a completely open space. The antenna were perpendicular to line of sight. And yet there are points where the download signal drops below 100%. The 2nd example the M3 was only a few feet away. Anyone else seeing signal drops on the M3Classic and RC Pro?
Those are so minor, I wouldn't worry about it. At short range, there are far more conflicting signals and potential interference. The relevant signal strength is when farther away, and those are all at 100%. Anything green is fine!

Thanks GG, as you say very small, probably nothing to worry about but I did just continue practicing/testing/setting up the M3 Classic in the same location and this time I did followed my checklist and put my phone into airplane mode after checking he Home pt. Everything was 100%. Thanks for you feedback.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54