DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silencing the buzzer inside the Controller

Sniperfritz

Reactions
I own the Air and the zoom. on both of them the buzzer becomes annoying when obstacles are detected.
does anyone have any ideas as to what can be done about it. I am considering disassembly and soldering out the buzzer.

Reactions: Lutz
I didn’t want to mute it totally , so peeled back rubber , drilled , and pushed a bit of rubber against speakers , refitted rubber , and you’d never know it was touched ,
Just push rubber in until it’s hitting speaker , turn on control and try the beeping , if still to loud then push it in further so as it’s putting more pressure on speaker

I didn’t want to mute it totally , so peeled back rubber , drilled , and pushed a bit of rubber against speakers , refitted rubber , and you’d never know it was touched ,
Just push rubber in until it’s hitting speaker , turn on control and try the beeping , if still to loud then push it in further so as it’s putting more pressure on speaker
Wow cool idea.

Definitely worked a great , and saved you opening controller, as that looks like a difficult task in its self .
When drilling , just go very slowly
When the drill comes out on the other side. Then you know that you drilled to hard.
Ha HA just kidding.

To Answer my own question. I disassembled the controller. De-soldered the bottom left resistor using an hot air station. it connects to the buzzer . The obstacle buzzing drove me nuts.
I don't need the buzzer. The app keeps me informed well enough. I left the resistor connected one side only. just in case i need to reverse the mod.

Her mouth is now completely shut.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 305
  • Still_2019-02-11_183007_60X_N0001.jpg
    Still_2019-02-11_183007_60X_N0001.jpg
    644 KB · Views: 305
  • Still_2019-02-11_184147_60X_N0002.jpg
    Still_2019-02-11_184147_60X_N0002.jpg
    631.3 KB · Views: 296
Great way to go. You can also apply just a tad of solder from a soldering iron and then reheat that pad carefully and then wick away the solder with solder wick. Pry the resistor up ever so slightly with tweezers while applying some heat. Same idea but no desolder station needed.

Reactions: Sniperfritz
My hot air station blows hot air over the component. I just heated it up and moved it with tweezer. Just need to be more careful with soldering iron if hot air is not available. I wonder what alerts I might be missing with buzzer now quiet? I mean what does the buzzer tell you what the app doesn't already do?

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
There is a paid app . Watch this video.

I have done this and works like a dream.

Kudos to those who figured out how to drill into the controller to silence the remote for free. I am always supportive of experimentation and I think things like this can lead to unintended discovery that benefit us all and I thank you for it.

However, in this particular case when only looking at the desire to silence the remote this $5 “Silencio” app is at such a low price, works perfectly, and doesn’t require modifying the hardware that in my opinion this is the preferred method to resolve this issue. But again I appreciate you guys who figured out a free way to do this and keep on modding!

Reactions: Concern

Kudos to those who figured out how to drill into the controller to silence the remote for free. I am always supportive of experimentation and I think things like this can lead to unintended discovery that benefit us all and I thank you for it.

However, in this particular case when only looking at the desire to silence the remote this $5 “Silencio” app is at such a low price, works perfectly, and doesn’t require modifying the hardware that in my opinion this is the preferred method to resolve this issue. But again I appreciate you guys who figured out a free way to do this and keep on modding!
Silence Jippie. In the end I am glad for the silence.

Reactions: Concern

I'd love that App, but it's not available for the Air, so I might just try this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143