DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sim Card question, Tripltek.

HD05FLSTCI

Reactions
Waiting on the delivery of my Tripltek 7, I was curious if I was able to swap the sim card from my Verizon based Samsung Galaxy S9 into the new tablet, and back again. Just the thought of adding another line to my current bill is silly if I'm only going to use it for the MA2?
Thanks.

Waiting on the delivery of my Tripltek 7, I was curious if I was able to swap the sim card from my Verizon based Samsung Galaxy S9 into the new tablet, and back again.
That's probably possible .. but why bother?
There's no need to have mobile data available to fly.
And if you really wanted it, it's so simple just to hotspot from your phone.

I'm not sure about the hotspot thing, I've never tried it. lol. But I was under the impression I needed data for mapping purposes. Perhaps I'm wrong, new to MA2 and drones. Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure about the hotspot thing, I've never tried it. lol. But I was under the impression I needed data for mapping purposes. Perhaps I'm wrong, new to MA2 and drones. Thanks for the response.
Hotspot should work fine unless your provider/cell plan prohibits it.

It depends on the specific software but most mapping apps do not require a live data connection to fly a mission. You develop the mission plan before flying (at home, usually on a PC) and then load the mission to your mobile device before heading to the site. Then you fly the mission without any need for a data connection.

As you are new to drones, I would recommend taking it slow and learning the basics first. Read the MA2 user manual carefully and completely as it has a lot of good basic information. Be safe and learn how to control the drone before moving on to other tasks.

Hotspot should work fine unless your provider/cell plan prohibits it.

It depends on the specific software but most mapping apps do not require a live data connection to fly a mission. You develop the mission plan before flying (at home, usually on a PC) and then load the mission to your mobile device before heading to the site. Then you fly the mission without any need for a data connection.

As you are new to drones, I would recommend taking it slow and learning the basics first. Read the MA2 user manual carefully and completely as it has a lot of good basic information. Be safe and learn how to control the drone before moving on to other tasks.
thanks, I've read the manual and have watched several beginner vids, but that doesn't make me an expert lol. I took it out yesterday with several successful flights, loaded the app on my phone for now, but looking forward the tablet.
Thank you.

Attachments

• DJI_0012.JPG
    DJI_0012.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • DJI_0006 (2).JPG
    DJI_0006 (2).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: MA2 317
The map in the app is not essential (I've used it only once in 6 years).
If you want maps, you can easily cache them at home over wifi or hotspot from your phone.

Hotspotting just turns your phone into a wifi source.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: HD05FLSTCI
The map in the app is not essential (I've used it only once in 6 years).
If you want maps, you can easily cache them at home over wifi or hotspot from your phone.

Hotspotting just turns your phone into a wifi source.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks, this was very helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll