DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Check out this cargo carrier for the MP. Works great.

Would you use something like this

• Total voters

Jonarbel

Reactions
Hi, I recently built this simple but effective Mavic Pro cargo carrier. I looked around and couldn’t find a good solution to delivering small objects. This is what I came up with. It works really good, without any drag or interference from the props. I’ve made small deliveries to my neighbors for fun. The bracket that connects to the battery was purchased on eBay, it was 3D printed. I added the small case on top and have a larger case when necessary. Right now the case is secured using heavy duty Velcro tape. The whole thing snaps right on and off easily. I just thought I would share this. Hopefully it’s useful to someone. I like it. I’m a Chef and My next mission is to fly a sandwich to my neighbor a mile away. I’m working on a carrier for that. All my deliveries are for fun and not for cash.
Total cost -under $10

2C5F7E78-4805-4F82-8482-00EEF1312650.jpeg72D2B483-A7E4-4021-9AA0-E9D931A17E6C.jpeg FF84BADF-A557-4713-96F4-AEA557BFB427.jpeg 5C888CB6-70A0-48C3-AD7D-AA06C10BF8F2.jpeg 1FA4EE5A-44B0-4DDD-903D-250B391F5D57.jpeg

How do you like those landing extensions? Are they sturdy? Most of the ones I've seen thus far seem like they might fall off in flight.

Reactions: Rogue_One
Hi, I recently built this simple but effective Mavic Pro cargo carrier. I looked around and couldn’t find a good solution to delivering small objects. This is what I came up with. It works really good, without any drag or interference from the props. I’ve made small deliveries to my neighbors for fun. The bracket that connects to the battery was purchased on eBay, it was 3D printed. I added the small case on top and have a larger case when necessary. Right now the case is secured using heavy duty Velcro tape. The whole thing snaps right on and off easily. I just thought I would share this. Hopefully it’s useful to someone. I like it. I’m a Chef and My next mission is to fly a sandwich to my neighbor a mile away. I’m working on a carrier for that. All my deliveries are for fun and not for cash.
Total cost -under $10

View attachment 43806View attachment 43804 View attachment 43803 View attachment 43805 View attachment 43807
I voted "no"
But it's interesting to see your experiments.
On my side I will never add anything to my bird out of the floats for over water flight. Even not decorative sticker skin.

How do you like those landing extensions? Are they sturdy? Most of the ones I've seen thus far seem like they might fall off in flight.

They are on tight and work well. The down side is I believe that in a crash or hard landing they may make it easier to break a leg on the MP. More leverage. Otherwise I really like them.

Reactions: Rogue_One
I voted "no"
But it's interesting to see your experiments.
On my side I will never add anything to my bird out of the floats for over water flight. Even not decorative sticker skin.

I found that the skins really protect the drone from scrapes. They are easy to take off and put back on. The best thing for is it enables me to see the drone easier in the sky.

Nice carrier.

My question on this is is it can be used, specifically the landing part. How can u land the quad somewhere that is far enough to warrant a delivery without loosing connection, and then take off and come back? I can fly it maybe 1km reliability from launch but it must be at altitude or i won’t have LOS and it loose signal.

I have considered waypoint flight but it won’t do landings. Even if it does, the precision may not be sufficient.

What I want is a payload drop capability. So I can fly over the delivery point, go lower but not land say 30m and then just drop the payload potentially with a chute.

Nice carrier.

My question on this is is it can be used, specifically the landing part. How can u land the quad somewhere that is far enough to warrant a delivery without loosing connection, and then take off and come back? I can fly it maybe 1km reliability from launch but it must be at altitude or i won’t have LOS and it loose signal.

I have considered waypoint flight but it won’t do landings. Even if it does, the precision may not be sufficient.

What I want is a payload drop capability. So I can fly over the delivery point, go lower but not land say 30m and then just drop the payload potentially with a chute.
I have an advantage that I live on top of a mountain about 1400 ft looking down at a canyon in Southern California . Most of my friends live down from me. We are surrounded by avocado and fruit and flower orchards so I feel safe flying around. The friend that lives above me, live close enough that I usually don’t lose connection. If I do , he usually hand launches me back into the air. The down side is RTH will bring you back to the spot you landed when making the delivery. As far as load, I don’t know. I’ve delivered small things that fit in case. I’ve had no performance issues. I ask my recipients to stand infront of the camera before I take off. When I get a thumbs up, I know it’s safe to take off. I live in the hills so it’s easier to send a drone to a friends house than driving. As the crow fly they aren’t that far, by car they are. Mostly I do it for the challenge to see if it’s doable. It blows my neighbors minds. They quickly learn to appreciate the drone and the pilot, especially when they gets little treats. I can’t pretty confidently say that I’m the first in my area to make a drone delivery to someone. As silly as it is, I get a kick out of it. One day it will become routine.

Have you considered weighing the objects to deliver before it is approved for flight?

Have you considered weighing the objects to deliver before it is approved for flight?
I have. So far I’ve only loaded up pretty light cargo. Others, more experienced pilots have reaserched this. The mavic can surprisingly carry some weight.

Reactions: JoBri
I wish ill on no one but I can help thinking of this situation when a person blows it out of the air and then finds a sandwich attached to it and then eat it.

1400ft up, do you have issue with the 500m hard above home point altitude limit? I can imagine you can fly it down, but will not be able to fly it back up home if there are obstacles in the way that requires you to climb above your original launch point. I wish DJI would let user unlock that. There are legit situations where you can fly more than 500m above take off point but are still below 400ft AGL where the quad is.

I have. So far I’ve only loaded up pretty light cargo. Others, more experienced pilots have reaserched this. The mavic can surprisingly carry some weight.

Okay maybe carrying more weight is not applicable for now and is under observation.

1400ft up, do you have issue with the 500m hard above home point altitude limit? I can imagine you can fly it down, but will not be able to fly it back up home if there are obstacles in the way that requires you to climb above your original launch point. I wish DJI would let user unlock that. There are legit situations where you can fly more than 500m above take off point but are still below 400ft AGL where the quad is.
I don’t fly down to ground level. I usually decent about 75-125’ or so. The 400’ limit has not been an issue.

That’s true but I use an iPad mini with no cellular so I believe I can’t change the RTH location unless I have GPS.

You mentioned "with no cellular" is your location near cell sites or not?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143