DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

simple question regarding phone size

Is the Mavic posts from Phantom Pilots going to archived here?

I know the Mavic controller will fit a 5.5" iPhone, but will it fit one that's wearing one of Apple's standard cases?
I'm itching to see if I can make my Motorola Nexus 6 fit, it's the maximum width (160 mm) but a tad deep, just over 9 mm. The Nexus has been excellent with my P3P, hopefully it'll fit the Mavic holder without resorting to a Dremel attack. I'm extremely happy with my Nexus phablet and would be mortified to have to use a 'lesser' phone. What I can glean from the videos is that there's a rubber 'grip' in the Mavic phone holder, so I'm hoping to be able to squeeze it in there..

I know the Mavic controller will fit a 5.5" iPhone, but will it fit one that's wearing one of Apple's standard cases?
It'll fit as long as the phone & case are not thicker than 0.33 inches.

It'll fit as long as the phone & case are not thicker than 0.33 inches.
Thanks for checking, Msinger, that's a problem, only 8.5 mm in good old metric, I'll have to adapt it a bit with the Dremel by the sounds of it.. The Nexus 6 has a rounded back that's nearly 10 mm at it's thickest. When I get the Mavic I'll do a post if it fits..

Hi Ed, I've read the specs, thanks, it's a tad thicker, and 159.6 mm wide (phew) but it looks like a rubber grip to secure it, so I'm thinking it may fit, if not I'll engineer it to fit, I would like the maximum size screen without having some sort of bloated tablet adapted to suit, ruining the whole concept, IMHO.

The inside of the mont is rubberized and has some give. I do not use a case on mine. I will be using my iPhone for the most part but I will be getting an adaptor for my iPad mini 4.

I suppose that makes sense.. I've got both the Nexus 6 and a Nexus 9 for my P3P and found, even given the generous dimensions of all things Phantom 3, I now, after 6 months use only use the Nexus 6, even if the Nexus 9 is sitting beside me.. Down to personal tastes I guess.. I have a Nexus 6 in the first place as I have large hands and the physical size is not a hindrance.

Reactions: Rabbitpro
The direct answer to the OP is "yes". It will fit fine with Apples standard case. There are many informative reviews on YouTube including this one (see 4:10 for iPhone with a case):

I don't know if it will fit the largest cases on the market such as the Otterbox but the standard iPhone cases will be no problem.

The direct answer to the OP is "yes". It will fit fine with Apples standard case. There are many informative reviews on YouTube including this one (see 4:10 for iPhone with a case):

I don't know if it will fit the largest cases on the market such as the Otterbox but the standard iPhone cases will be no problem.
Good video by an informed guy, I'm reassured that my Motorola Nexus 6 will fit, oh joy...

The inside of the mont is rubberized and has some give. I do not use a case on mine. I will be using my iPhone for the most part but I will be getting an adaptor for my iPad mini 4.
What kind of adapter Ed? I've seen a few but I'm kind of not liking the designs. Maybe one that has the iPad above your wrist but need some time with the actual controller to decide.

Hi fellows

Could anyone help with these dimensions on the pictures?
Screenshot_20170317-122915.png Screenshot_20170317-122908.png

I still did not receive my Magic, but already DIY some stuff.

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo