DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simple way to number batteries

RHelton10

Reactions
I've seen several ways to number batteries (helps to ensure equal rotation) but I wasn't crazy about what others were doing. I already had these dots (I use them to block alloying LED's on electrical equipment around the house) and figured it would be an easy way to number them that is reversible and doesn't change the overall appearance. Anyway, just passing along the idea in case anyone else was looking for a solution.

19DEAA51-408B-4956-BA5E-E4A04959FF29.jpg 89041657-1FB5-4F4C-9C2B-AF344EC7D5A3.jpg

Reactions: grizzard
I number my batteries with clear number stickers (like these). If you get more batteries and run out of room for dots, then number stickers might be a good option for you.

Last edited:
I just use a label maker. Stays on good, but easy to peel off if I ever need to. I put the label on the back of the battery on the opposite end from the connector. Connector side down in the case makes it easy to see which is which.

I don't get it. All this doesn't seem very simple to me.
Why not just write on it with a white board marker pen?

Anyway. I just use mine without marking

Last edited:
I don't mark my batteries, I honestly think worrying about rotating the batteries equally is unnecessary. I have 3 and just use them however. If you are really interested in rotating them equally you can see how many times each battery has been charged in the app.

Reactions: charliesRig
I've seen funky looking carbon numbering integrated into skins.. but a sharpie does the trick.

I number my batteries with clear number stickers (like these). If you get more batteries and run out of room for dots, then number stickers might be a good option for you.

What if I have more than 31 batteries? :(

Numbering batteries can be important.

On 1/28 I had a weird charging situation where all four LED's stayed on in spite of the battery being fully charged. I did a bit of checking and a couple people have had the same issue but could offer no definitive explanation. This anomaly was noted in my log book including the battery number. I flew the battery without issue and it charged normally after the flight. The next day I got a battery error shortly after takeoff. I brought the bird home quickly but the error had cleared itself. Turns out it was the same battery that has the weird charging event. I wouldn't been able to be sure it was same battery without recording everything.

I'm still in the process of learning the analysis tools that are available to investigate these things. In the mean time, I will be keeping a close eye on that battery.

Reactions: RHelton10
I don't mark my batteries, I honestly think worrying about rotating the batteries equally is unnecessary. I have 3 and just use them however. If you are really interested in rotating them equally you can see how many times each battery has been charged in the app.
Which app shows this information?

If you upload flight logs to HealthyDrones, they track each of your drones by serial number and each of your batteries by serial number also. There are some quirks with mixing DJI Go and Litchi sometimes, but all in all, it has tracked everything I've done.

I number the batteries up at the terminal end, and I put contact info at the soft back end, both with a label maker. When I have depleted a battery, I put it in the case with the terminal down; when I have a full battery in my case, I put it in the case with the terminal up.

Reactions: Seachief
I've seen funky looking carbon numbering integrated into skins.. but a sharpie does the trick.

Agreed. I have never seen people be so pedantic and ****. Yes these are expensive devices but with insurance, I really do not worry at all about what happens with the drone. If I fly and it dives into the sea, so be it. I will get another one. I am not going to spend my time worrying about "what if's" and not enjoying the Mavic for the reason I bought it. It seems that some people here are looking for solutions that don't have a problem.

The DJI Go 4 app actually contains a lot of battery information. If you have the MP on and the app connected, click on the battery icon in the settings menu. You can get the number of charges along with temp, voltage, etc. for that particular battery.
We all spent at least $1,000 on the MP, enjoy it and don't worry so much about an $89 battery :)

Not everyone wants to do anything "permanent" to their batteries. If I have a battery go bad and want to renumber them, I don't want to mark through an old number and draw another one. Just a personal preference. No one is trying to convince anyone that you should or how to number them; just offering different ideas for those of us that want to.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
I just put stickers on it with a handwritten number on it, plain and simple.

I placed them on the bottom, there is enough free space imho. On the connector side, in case the will loosen up, could possibly get into the connectors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000