DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simulator Advice

RichardC

Reactions
Hi All, Based in Brisbane Australia with very limited allowed places to fly. I would like to improve my skills on a simulator but I have a Mac laptop, iPad and iPhone (not Microsoft). The simulator on the DJI site is OK but I wish to use a simulator with on screen flight vision to get used to flying by the screen rather than by looking at the drone. Any advice for a limited experienced and nervous 'pilot'?

In real drone flying I only glance at the screen from time to time to get that perfect shot. Although the simulator might be good practice if you ever lost sight of your drone, it’s really not a good idea to watch your screen the whole flight. My advice is to find places that allow flying and go there often!

There are many simulators that will work on your mac, but few that simulate the experience of flying a mavic style drone. I have never used the DJI simulator as I have a Mini 2 and it doesn't work with my controller.

Speaking of controllers... you kind of need one for the simulator if you are actually going to simulate the flying of a drone. Most of the drone simulators are for FPV racing or freestyle. Quite a different experience than the DJI drones most on this forum are used to.

There are several simulators on Steam. I like DRL. I believe it is about $10. As I said earlier, you kind of need a controller to have the "real" experience. You can use a game controller on playstation or Xbox, but you specifically mentioned a mac. I'm sure there are many choices, but a relatively inexpensive choice is the BetaFPV LiteRadio 2 SE for about $40.

Honestly, I don't know what drone you have... but any of the DJI drones are easier to fly than any you will find on the simulators. I'd reccomend that you just go fly your drone. I think you'll be surprised how much confidence you will gain each flight.

Hello from the Crossroads of America RichardC.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Hi All, Based in Brisbane Australia with very limited allowed places to fly. I would like to improve my skills on a simulator but I have a Mac laptop, iPad and iPhone (not Microsoft). The simulator on the DJI site is OK but I wish to use a simulator with on screen flight vision to get used to flying by the screen rather than by looking at the drone. Any advice for a limited experienced and nervous 'pilot'?

Welcome. Have fun! -Godspeed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair