DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Since 01.01.0720 update fly 1.5.10 update

Captinkirk

Reactions
Hi all - I’ve had an issue since this update & shall post pic - flys fine no errors etc - spoke to a dji technician. ( not at dji ) but the guy knows his stuff ! He said likely a bug in the firmware - you can’t roll back anymore
😩
sadly ( otherwise that’s what I’d be doing ) I’m using iOS on fly 1.5.10 and since this update of firmware & app I get this on occasions as follows when pressing the fn button to recenter gimbal - Don’t understand it
🤔
but gimbal does do what it’s suppose to but get this message occasionally since update - any thoughts appreciated …… ( flys fine tho ) no one seems to have seen that message or understand it ……
Thanks in advance D1B3B694-3896-47F9-8981-B612B1B826B4.jpeg2C5EE1E8-8784-49ED-9D6E-1A0B2F91102C.jpeg

Last edited:
I've seen similar odd messages in earlier releases. Something in some of the shooting modes seems to hog resources and the system is locked until that process finished. It was usually video modes where I saw these messages (or busy signals). You're shooting in RAW, something I doubt every MA2 owner does. So perhaps not as many will experience it.

I've seen similar odd messages in earlier releases. Something in some of the shooting modes seems to hog resources and the system is locked until that process finished. It was usually video modes where I saw these messages (or busy signals). You're shooting in RAW, something I doubt every MA2 owner does. So perhaps not as many will experience it.
Hi there thanks for the reply - I wasn’t actually shooting no video or pics can you kindly recommend what settings I should use ( don’t really understand raw etc ) I’m quite new to this would really appreciate it - thanks in advance

Hi there thanks for the reply - I wasn’t actually shooting no video or pics can you kindly recommend what settings I should use ( don’t really understand raw etc ) I’m quite new to this would really appreciate it - thanks in advance
RAW is when you need the original untweaked camera data. It allows for more control over the final image. Experienced shooters can get a fraction more image quality than the processed jpg allows.

As for mode causing the issue - it's possible I am way off base - but it's worth trying the more common modes to see if they have any effect.

It is just as likely it's a firmware bug. On that front, it would be worth telling DJI about the issue, just in case. They can't fix it if they don't know about it.

Reactions: Captinkirk
RAW is when you need the original untweaked camera data. It allows for more control over the final image. Experienced shooters can get a fraction more image quality than the processed jpg allows.

As for mode causing the issue - it's possible I am way off base - but it's worth trying the more common modes to see if they have any effect.

It is just as likely it's a firmware bug. On that front, it would be worth telling DJI about the issue, just in case. They can't fix it if they don't know about it.
I did speak to dji tech they said possibly bug as there’s no error codes - are you saying put in jpeg and not raw ? Sorry but I’m that amateur I don’t even no what settings to put the camera video in ( sorry ) 🤦🏻 Thanks in advance

I'm saying it is worth trying JPG only mode to see if things change. People only use RAW when they need the option to maximize images in post processing (spending lots of time in Photoshop). Mainly, going to JPG only might help diagnose where the "feature" exists in the code. You might also try turning off image caching.

All said, that it does this just sitting there seems odd. The issues I've seen were immediately after taking videos or snapshots.

And if you've chatted with DJI, there's probably not much else I can help with.

I'm saying it is worth trying JPG only mode to see if things change. People only use RAW when they need the option to maximize images in post processing (spending lots of time in Photoshop). Mainly, going to JPG only might help diagnose where the "feature" exists in the code. You might also try turning off image caching.

All said, that it does this just sitting there seems odd. The issues I've seen were immediately after taking videos or snapshots.

And if you've chatted with DJI, there's probably not much else I can help with.
Ok Thankyou - can I just ask what image caching is or where it is - 🙏🏻 Kind regards

Hola a todos. He tenido un problema desde esta actualización y publicaré una foto. Vuela bien, no hay errores, etc. Hablé con un técnico de dji. (no en dji) ¡pero el tipo sabe lo que hace!
😩
Dijo que es probable que haya un error en el firmware: lamentablemente ya no puede retroceder (de lo contrario, eso es lo que estaría haciendo). de la siguiente manera al presionar el botón fn para volver a centrar el cardán: no lo entiendo,
🤔
pero el cardán hace lo que se supone que debe hacer, pero recibe este mensaje ocasionalmente desde la actualización: se agradece cualquier idea ...... (vuela bien aunque) nadie parece haber visto ese mensaje o entenderlo……
Gracias por adelantadoView attachment 145173View attachment 145172
Es porque no le das tiempo para que agarre satélites en una foto tienes solo 6 satélites no se ha gravado (Home) en la otra tienes 8 ….tienen que ser 12 por lo menos . El boton(fn) lo tienes programado para calibrar el gimbal…..la aplicación esta bien ya la probaron varios pilotos

Es porque no le das tiempo para que agarre satélites en una foto tienes solo 6 satélites no se ha gravado (Home) en la otra tienes 8 ….tienen que ser 12 por lo menos . El boton(fn) lo tienes programado para calibrar el gimbal…..la aplicación esta ya la probaron varios pilotos
Sorry do you spk eng
Es porque no le das tiempo para que agarre satélites en una foto tienes solo 6 satélites no se ha gravado (Home) en la otra tienes 8 ….tienen que ser 12 por lo menos . El boton(fn) lo tienes programado para calibrar el gimbal…..la aplicación esta bien ya la probaron varios pilotos
ok yes I translated - Thankyou

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada