DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Since getting my Mavic mini I have been puzzled by the style of the controller's 'USB' connector, does the following article explain it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
The Mini RC uses Usb Micro-A type port which is rectangular in shape, a normal micro-b usb connector will work, but you need to be careful about the tab in the port which could be bent or broken if the connector is inserted upside down.

You'll notice the the tab sits in the bottom half of the port and you just need to orientate the connector to align with this.

micro usb-a port.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Iannes but my post is really about whether DJI were compelled by the likes of

"An OTG cable has a micro-A plug on one end, and a micro-B plug on the other end (it cannot have two plugs of the same type)."

to use the micro A connection at the controller i.e. it seems to be in compliance with a connection method's standard or specification.

I have seen quite a few comments questioning why DJI did this. The encounter with this "strange", "funny", etc. connection has confounded some users, including me and I am asking if the need to comply with the standard is the reason behind it.

Thanks Iannes but my post is really about whether DJI were compelled by the likes of

"An OTG cable has a micro-A plug on one end, and a micro-B plug on the other end (it cannot have two plugs of the same type)."

to use the micro A connection at the controller i.e. it seems to be in compliance with a connection method's standard or specification.

I have seen quite a few comments questioning why DJI did this. The encounter with this "strange", "funny", etc. connection has confounded some users, including me and I am asking if the need to comply with the standard is the reason behind it.

Ah right, I see, maybe they were meeting some standard for OTG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S