DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Since I bought my mavic, always crash... so sad

hrpaez

Reactions
Dear Mavic Pilots,
Since I bought my mavic pro one month ago, I couldn´t fly it, because each try, it takes off, and then drifts to the right, and crashes against the floor. Its been now about 6 times I tried it, and still happens the same.
When the Drone arrived from amazon, I made all the set ups from fabric, and updates and calibrations.

One update took so long that the drone batterys that was about 80% runned out off power, and had to do it again, with 100% battery.

I tried it, indoors, outdoors, garden and also in areally big and dessert field, and still the same, always drifting to the right, and crashing. I am grateful the drone has no damage, even if it crashed violently against floor and 2 times on trees.

I live in Vienna, so I thought the problem was of the gps regulations, because I live in the town center, and close to importante embassys, and in the "AIRMAP" app for iphone, where I live, it shows that is a really restricted area. So I took the car and went really far away in the countryside, where there are no restrictions, and still the same problem.

Contacted DJI support, the guy told me to change some settings like mac. altitude to 151 ft instead of 150, and turning off begginers mode. He told me to try it outside my house, and with this changes the drone would work perfectly. I did all he said, and the drone still crashing, everywhere violently. My wife and I spent our savings in this drone to work, and we are really sad we cant make it work. We are really frustrated.
If anyone can help it will be so welcome for us.
Thanks a lot in Advance

H
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I would live to come to your beautiful city of Vienna to help you out, but I live in the USA.

Can you have your wife take a video and post it on Youtube of you crashing? Maybe we can help when we see what it's doing.

I would live to come to your beautiful city of Vienna to help you out, but I live in the USA.

Can you have your wife take a video and post it on Youtube of you crashing? Maybe we can help when we see what it's doing.

Thanks a lot for answering actually I tried to post the video, but it does not appear in the previous thread, uploaded it in liveleak. Here is the link for you tube hope you can see it now:
https://youtu.be/o64unpV2nsQ

Youre welcome to Vienna anytime!!!

Reactions: ElPocho
You need to post some of the log files for anyone to be able to figure out what is happening. Preferably the internal DAT files:

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File

You may need to use Dropbox or similar to post them since they tend to be large files.

If you can't get those for any reason, then the mobile device txt files would be the next best thing:

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Did you put the correct propellers onto the correct motors? The ones with the white marks go on the motors with similar white marks and the ones that are completely black in the center go on the motors with no white marks.

Reactions: maxey13
Did you put the correct propellers onto the correct motors? The ones with the white marks go on the motors with similar white marks and the ones that are completely black in the center go on the motors with no white marks.

It would not even lift off if those were wrong.

Do you wait for GPS lock before taking off or are there any warnings given/prompts prior to take off?

It would not even lift off if those were wrong.

I'm not implying that he has all 4 of them on wrong. The Mavic comes with 2 propellers already installed. The user has to install the remaining 2. If those 2 were swapped, it wouldn't do this?

Reactions: Oconnb910
You need to post some of the log files for anyone to be able to figure out what is happening. Preferably the internal DAT files:

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File

You may need to use Dropbox or similar to post them since they tend to be large files.

If you can't get those for any reason, then the mobile device txt files would be the next best thing:

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Thanks so much for your help. I will try to do this you recomend

Thanks, all the proppellers are correctly in the motors matching the marks

I'm not implying that he has all 4 of them on wrong. The Mavic comes with 2 propellers already installed. The user has to install the remaining 2. If those 2 were swapped, it wouldn't do this?

No - if you did manage to swap two of them it would simply flip over. But, in any case, the hubs have different tab patterns, and won't fit on the wrong motors.

Thanks so much for your help. I will try to do this you recomend

I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 , Im trying to retrieve de flight .dat , but its taking more than an hour... is this normal? the drone is connected to the mac, and the app shows in activity, but its been an hour now.... the flight data list does not appear yet--- thanks so much for your help

What mode are you using Mode 1 or Mode 2? Your video is typical of someone trying to correct movement when the controller is not in the mode they think it is. If you have never flown RC before I suggest you start to learn in Mode 2. Then you only need to use a single stick to fly.

What happens if you use the auto take-off mode and don’t touch anything, does it climb to about 1 meter and just hover?

Can I suggest you go into the RC controller menu and check that both control sticks are centered.

What mode are you using Mode 1 or Mode 2? Your video is typical of someone trying to correct movement when the controller is not in the mode they think it is. If you have never flown RC before I suggest you start to learn in Mode 2. Then you only need to use a single stick to fly.

What happens if you use the auto take-off mode and don’t touch anything, does it climb to about 1 meter and just hover?

Can I suggest you go into the RC controller menu and check that both control sticks are centered.

Thanks for your help.
Actually it was in auto-take-off mode, and didnt touch the sticks at all. Im expecting the drone to hover in place since I bought it, its all I want! but never happened, even the RC says "auto take off: the drone is going to take of 1.2 mts, and hover in place" .... I will check what you say about the RC sticks if they are centered
Thanks

I think that this is not much fun for you! :(

It looks like there is something wrong with your right rear motor or propeller. Can you look at the prop and make sure it is not damaged, and also turn the motor by hand to make sure it turns freely compared to the other 3 motors? I think it is not working and causing your Mavic to yaw out of control.

Very well could be a bad motor as Thunderdrones mentioned, but if they appear to all turn freely, I would calibrate the sticks on your controller. My MP had a slow drift to the right from its very first flight. I landed, checked my AC and saw a 4% yaw to the right when stick is centered. AC calibration fixed the problem and never had a bit of trouble after that. The drift came back after one of the firmware updates so now I always recalibrate after every firmware update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98