DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sitting on .600

JamesA

Reactions
I live in West Michigan which has numerous small airports and live right on the edge of (2) of them. They are not designated DJI NFZ's. However, Grand Rapids has a major airport which is a DJI NFZ and is 20 miles from me.
So question 1) what actually happens with .900 when you are in a DJI designated NFZ?
Question 2) will I have any adverse effects flying on the fringe of the (2) local airports?
Question 3) what happens when you are suddenly thrust into a TFR / NOTAM zone?
For the record, I have had my Mavic Pro since March and have had no issues with anything.

I am on .0900 and my area is similar to yours. The green warning zones have not caused any problems for me, but depending on which category the app might ask you to confirm you are taking responsibility for flying there. The red zones are the NFZ's and if you start out in one of those you will likely not be able to take off, and if you approach one the drone will most likely stop and wait for you to back off. There have been reports of odd situations where the pilot, due to phone service becoming available only after takeoff, is unexpectedly in a NFZ. In those cases it is possible the Mavic could go into auto-landing. I believe flying into a TFR zone would be the same as when approaching a NFZ. My method for dealing with TFR's is to check if any are in my area before going out, and have not encountered one thus far. Bottom line - I don't think you would have any major issues as long as you are not in or near the actual NFZ.

Thank you for the information. I feel more comfortable about it now. I will be updating sometime soon. JA

There is at least one case on .700 where someone flew into one of these zones and the app crashed. On reboot of the app, the drone autolanded. Problem is, he was over the ocean. Mavic is lost forever.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna