DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Six Year Old Boy Found By A Drone In My Area!

What a great story. Heart-warming! Note that the dog, Remington, stayed with him. Probably helped to keep him warm. Thanks for posting this.

Reactions: sdold
Always great to hear family members returned safe and sound; especially when it's a child. Great job by the drone company- job well done!

We need more 'feel good' stories . . . well done pilot! well done . . .

Reactions: Drgnfli
A great follow up story today about this on the forum . . .
Positive news story about drones for a change

We need more 'feel good' stories . . .

Here is one:
Drones Save 450 Baby Deer From Harvest in Switzerland #drone #droneday

I'm actually considering to help farmers with this next year when harvesting.
One farmer I know aprroached me if I want to do this. But the Mavic Enterprise Thermal I have to pay for myself ;-)

The other problem is it means getting up VERY early (I have a long drive to the destination).
I have read it's best to detect fawns if the field hasn't warmed up in the sun yet.
The more the temperature difference is between animal + field the easier it is to detect them.

So I'm still thinking. $3,350.00 plus getting up at 3am - hmm...

Here is one:
Drones Save 450 Baby Deer From Harvest in Switzerland #drone #droneday

I'm actually considering to help farmers with this next year when harvesting.
One farmer I know aprroached me if I want to do this. But the Mavic Enterprise Thermal I have to pay for myself ;-)

The other problem is it means getting up VERY early (I have a long drive to the destination).
I have read it's best to detect fawns if the field hasn't warmed up in the sun yet.
The more the temperature difference is between animal + field the easier it is to detect them.

So I'm still thinking. $3,350.00 plus getting up at 3am - hmm...
That is a great story. Reading the article, I didn't realize that Switzerland is one of Europe’s drone technology hubs. They seem to be working heavily in obstacle avoidance. Good stuff. That business venture sounds like its an untapped market. Go for it!

Reactions: MaxHam
I know is a cool history.. and am glad he was found.. but. Is this legal?? Or it was legal because he is part of 107 .. do he have to ask authorities for some like this ??

I know is a cool history.. and am glad he was found.. but. Is this legal?? Or it was legal because he is part of 107 .. do he have to ask authorities for some like this ??

Rhetorical or real question?

I think the FAA has some discretion on stuff like that if it wasn’t legal but done with approval of local law enforcement and in a safe manner. We were encouraged to do the same as a ranger when I met someone who meant well by doing something illegal in a National Park, education goes a lot further than strict enforcement in a lot of cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: tleonhar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54