DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skin And Dji Care Warranty

Laborous

Premium Pilot
Reactions
When I purchased my MA2 I also purchased DJI Care Refresh. I recently added a skin to my Mavic Mini and like it so much I want to add one to my MA2.
Has anyone had their warranty voided because the drone had a skin attached?
I could always remove it before return the drone.....

When I purchased my MA2 I also purchased DJI Care Refresh. I recently added a skin to my Mavic Mini and like it so much I want to add one to my MA2.
You could just remove it. Problem solved.

That’s what I’m thinking, I know it wouldn’t have caused the crash!

Neither the Wet Suits or the Skins affect the Warranty in anyway. Your fine to leave them on.

The only issue you may have is a Maintanance fee for them removing a skin as that can take awhile and they may charge you for it. This is why you might want to remove it first.

[email protected]
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: GFoto16
I would remove anything aftermarket before returning an item for warranty coverage ,as when I enquired about paint or aftermarket wraps I received this reply
"...in regards to that, it not recommeded to paint or wrap your Mavic Mini as it is considered modification for your Aircraft.
We only allow the Mavic Mini DIY kit for your Mavic Mini."
As it is a proprietary warranty I would only return it with proprietary accessories. No need to give them an "out".

Reactions: Ars3nal3432
And this in their list of exclusions...
"5) Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI.
I can't see a wrap causing damage,but it is NOT an authorized DJI accessory,is it?

Your right Thanev, it is not an authorized DJI accessory so I’ll definitely remove the skin if I have to return the MA2, hopefully I won’t!
Thanks!

There nothing in the Care Refresh agreement that a skin, strobe, landing gear, aftermarket props or other accessory voiding the agreement.
My crashed MA2 was sent in with the Airburst skin on it. A replacement was received inside 10 days.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3