Join Us Now

Where people use the word "dissent" many times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work!

20190427_190807-jpg.71533

20190428_200850-jpg.71534

20190428_200948-jpg.71535

The only problem I have with skins, they are thick enough that some of the accessories like leg extenders, or other items II.E. prop guards) that are designed to be tight when applied will not fit.

Todd: I know you didin't mention stobe mounts but Mike Singer addresses this exact issue with his mounts and all you need to know is the thickness of your wrap, he will 3D print a custom set of mounts for you with that extra room. Mine work perfectly..thanks again, Mike. (I don't know how to do that "@ thing." :)

His site is MavicHelp.com

HIGHLY-RECOMMENDED!

Unfortunately, the other accessories you mentioned are an issue for sure and short of mawling one or the other to MAKE them fit, I don't have an answer, other than perhaps a hair dryer and some tugging on any plastic that is malable once warm. Otherwise amigo, I can't think of another solution...sorry.

My problem with skins is, they look crappy. Factory finish usually can't be beat. Neither can people who studied design and earn a living as industrial designers. Just stop trying. And I extend this advice to cars, cellphones, laptops, ...
Basically, if it ain't broke, don't break it. And that is what you are doing when attacking a perfectly nice drone with colored cellotape. For evidence see pictures in this tread.

My problem with skins is, they look crappy. Factory finish usually can't be beat. Neither can people who studied design and earn a living as industrial designers. Just stop trying. And I extend this advice to cars, cellphones, laptops, ...
Basically, if it ain't broke, don't break it. And that is what you are doing when attacking a perfectly nice drone with colored cellotape. For evidence see pictures in this tread.
I question that statement. Have you seen a PT Cruiser? Form over function rules do apply sometimes.

I am sharing my opinion or rather my observations. If this forum is aimed at applauding whatever people come up with, it should probably be renamed into a laudation board, not a forum or discussion board. Until instructed otherwise, I will continue to voice my dissent to all things I dissent with and given the evicence above, you should dissent with as well.

I question that statement. Have you seen a PT Cruiser? Form over function rules do apply sometimes.
You have a point there. Wrapping PT Cruisers and Fiat Multiplas would probably not improve these monumental screww ups, but the wrappers would have a hard time to make these hellish designs markedly worse.

Noted. But as I see it, in the end the design principles applied by the creators was questionable in those cases even before wrap consideration. I believe there is room to improve aesthetics and still not fundamentaly change any design decsions made by the designer. Often times design decisions are mandated by materials. For example most would agree that carbon fiber has a certain set of characteristics making it better then molded plastic. It also typically has a texture that some fund appealing. Carbon fiber was not used in the mavic due to production costs. So by simulating it with a wrap is not changing the fundamental design it's simulating the appearance of a more expensive material which to some signals a design improvement.

For me, I see them as a badge of ownership or a way to express something like was done on fighter jets in the past with their fierce shark faces. Designers have to make the most generally appealing and marketable product so there is plenty of room for customization beyond that. To each their own. If it makes the drone more personable or enjoyable for the owner than the sterile grey and arm stripes then the design was improved for them.

I have seen many wraps on here that definitely improve aesthetics and add functionally relevant to increased visibility. Design is an art and art is subjective.

My problem with skins is, they look crappy.

HQ: Sure, you're entitled to your opinion but let me throw this in. I didn't wrap my M2P to get it to look cool (or not cool,) I did it to make it more visible in the sky. Think that "factory grey" stands out more than International Orange? Prolly not. :)

HQ: Sure, you're entitled to your opinion but let me throw this in. I didn't wrap my M2P to get it to look cool (or not cool,) I did it to make it more visible in the sky. Think that "factory grey" stands out more than International Orange? Prolly not. :)
Yeah, I'm not buying into that. It is certainly more visible lying on the table (not sure, that is a good thing) but a few 1cm wide orange lines do not do much good once the thing is 50m up in the air. The rotating orange props become invisible when turning, regardless of the color. If you really want to see the thing, get white Cree strobe lights

or LED Props

Those even incrase visibility past an arms length, the decals not so much.

Reactions: ff22
I'm not buying into that.

HQ: I expect we can all "buy into" whatever we choose but with my 66-year old eyes, a bright orange Mavic is easier for ME to see in flight than a gray one. And, *I* can see the four Firehouse strobes from a lot further away than VLOS without them.

Y'all must have blocked me!!!
I see nothing of worthy content!!!!!!!

**** Thread Locked due to OP deleting their content****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member